LUE42

Default Speaker buildind

I have three sets of computer speakers (so, six speakers in total).

I want to build a speaker for my back porch. (covered, no worry about
waterproofing).

This will be for quiet listening while sitting out there - I know the
sound quality and volume will not be too great, but that is all I
need.

My idea is to put the 6 speakers in a row in a home made speaker box
(I am a pretty good woodworker, so I think I can handle that part).

I want to put 3 of the speakers on each of the channels using one of
the amps from the computer speaker. (I would like to control the
volume outside).

I have a line-level output on my stereo reciever that I plan on
connecting it to.

I would like to know how to I connect the 2nd and 3rd speaker to the
amplifier.

I don't know a lot about this... but in the most basic terms, do I
connect the speakers in series (amp to speaker 1 to speaker 2 to
speaker 3 to amp) or in parralel (speaker 1,2 and 3's 'black' wire
together to the amp, and the same for the 'red' wire)?

Can someone explain this too me so even I can understand this?

Thank you very much

Cory
GregS

In article , (LUE42) wrote:
[...]

When you put speakers together. they will have some problems
with phase. You will get lobing and other effects. You might end up
with something usefull or horrible. Assuming all speakers are the same,
its usually necessary to go both parallel and series to get
reasonable impedances. Not many home amps these days will drive lower
than 8 ohms, allthough many professional amps will drive 2 ohms.

greg