Matt Distefano

Default DIY Speaker project recommendation

"Andrew Mason" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
I have some experience with DIY audio electronics, but have never done
any speaker design.
My mom wants me to build her a new set of floor speakers for her home
stereo system in her living room, spending from 400-600. She has an
old set of Boston Acoustics a-120s that I'm considering just putting
new cones in, otherwise I would like to build something from scratch.
I don't really want to design the speakers, I would rather follow a
thorough tutorial that already picks out the wood, the cones, the
crossover circuitry, etc, you just buy the parts and put it together.
I have seen articles like this in Audio xPress, but none for just a
simple, high quality and affordable speaker design. Can anyone make a
recommendation? there has to be stuff out there..
thanks,
andrew

http://www.speakerbuilder.net/web_files/ would be a good place to look.