Jesper Sørensen

Default Marantz 2250b, low level hum

Hi

I have the same problem. It dissapears if the MONO is used. Have you solved
the problem ?

Jesper

"mkloobtbd" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi, I have a vintage Marantz 2250b receiver which has been working
flawlessly; Recently however I have been getting a low level hum (kind
of a noise) which is only audible when there is no music playing. I get
it even when the AUX source isn't plugged, and I use it as a headphone
Amp. The noise disappears after I shut the receiver off and then turn it
on (sometimes). I would appreciate help.

Thanks a lot.
http://web2news.com/?rec.audio.tech

Tom Bledsoe

I have a 2245. I don't know if it will help, but the relay that delays turn
on power went bad. I just shorted the contacts. Now I wait a second to
push the speaker switch.

"Jesper Sørensen" wrote in message
k...
Hi

I have the same problem. It dissapears if the MONO is used. Have you

solved
the problem ?

Jesper

"mkloobtbd" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi, I have a vintage Marantz 2250b receiver which has been working
flawlessly; Recently however I have been getting a low level hum (kind
of a noise) which is only audible when there is no music playing. I get
it even when the AUX source isn't plugged, and I use it as a headphone
Amp. The noise disappears after I shut the receiver off and then turn it
on (sometimes). I would appreciate help.

Thanks a lot.
http://web2news.com/?rec.audio.tech

Tom Bledsoe

It's been 10 years. The turn on thump is inelegant, but not dangerous.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
What a ludicrous thing to do. You have defeated the protective function of
the receiver. You deserve any damage this will inevitably cause.

Mark Z.

"Tom Bledsoe" wrote in message
[...]

Mark D. Zacharias

You've been lucky so far. Why not just fix the actual problem? When output
transistors fail, which is inevitable, one of your speakers, possibly both,
will receive about 40 to 50 volts DC. Your woofer will want to launch into
the next county.

[...]

Tom Bledsoe

That's a valid point for a 30 year old piece. Maybe I'll drop a fuse in the
line.

If I went to the trouble of finding the part from a vendor, and installing,
it would just fail again. But if it was my only receiver, I would probably
have tried something by now.

arthlink.net...