I love Edsels

Default nakamichi

I'd like to get Nak for my car but I heard that they have problems w/
supply and service. Anyone know what's up at Nakamichi?

TIA
Tom
Seattle

I love Edsels

I dunno. I only talked to one place so far, haven't had time to ask
around. The one place I asked gave the impression that Nak is
in some sort of disarray.

Tom

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:05:12 -0500, "n8 skow"
wrote:

Well - won't you be buying it thru a dealership anyway?

n8

I'd like to get Nak for my car but I heard that they have problems w/
supply and service. Anyone know what's up at Nakamichi?

TIA
Tom
Seattle

MZ

I've heard from folks in this newsgroup that haven't had great luck with
their service.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

wrote:

Well - won't you be buying it thru a dealership anyway?

n8

I'd like to get Nak for my car but I heard that they have problems w/
supply and service. Anyone know what's up at Nakamichi?

TIA
Tom
Seattle

mblocks

Nak's service sucks. There's no other word for it. Incredibly s-l-o-w and
awfully expensive. Had my former MB-70 changer in a while back. Initial
estimate: three to four week turnaround, $200 total (bad enough).

Actual result: six MONTHS to fix. $400 hit (plus the expected fees for
pulling it and reinstalling on top of that). And their 'FIX' (replacing the
jammed changing mechanism) screwed up how sensitive the changer was to road
imperfections. When lane dots could now cause the changer to skip, it was
telling me it was time to move on to something else. When the CD-45z HU's
transport up and jammed a two or three months later, that was the perfect
time to dump this crap money pit gear.

Great sound, but if it don't work all you get is NO sound. Obvious to me
that the new ownership is no better than the old, cash-strapped one. There
are more reliable brands out there that make HUs that sound just as good,
especially if you look at DVD units for your audio processing.