Default Transferring audio cassettes to CD?

I have a small collection of audio cassettes that I would like to
transfer to CD. I don't have time to do it myself and was wondering if
anyone has tried an outside service, in particular I'm thinking of:

www.cassettes2CDs.com

I have a brand new DVD player that can handle MP3 files on CD.

Thanks in advance for your comments. Please email me direct if you do
not wish to post a message.

Jon

Tim Ettenheim

I actually have done a fair amount of it myself, using the Total Recorder
program. I play the tapes, using autoreverse, and capture the audio in TR
as CD quality feed, even though that's usually better quality than what is
on the tape. Then I drop the files into CDs or into my minidisc player as
MP3 or ATRAC files. The nice thing about TR is that you can put on a tape
before going to bed, mute the computer, then save the file in the morning.

wrote in message
I have a small collection of audio cassettes that I would like to
transfer to CD. I don't have time to do it myself and was wondering if
anyone has tried an outside service, in particular I'm thinking of:

www.cassettes2CDs.com

I have a brand new DVD player that can handle MP3 files on CD.

Thanks in advance for your comments. Please email me direct if you do
not wish to post a message.

Jon

Thomas Garner

I have done a fair amount of cassette to CD and LP to CD recording myself.
I have a cassette deck and a turntable connected to a receiver connected
in and out to the sound card.
Just play and record in Sound Forge. Then clean up and burn to CD.
My question though, I just found an older cassette with some
shrill/shrieking noise coming from the tape or shell. Starts out as
distortion in time with peaks in the music, then just becomes an almost
constant noise. Seems like it will be too much to clean out and keep any
quality in the music. Is anybody familiar with this, and is there
something I can do to eliminate this before the recording??
Thanks all,
Tom

remove 89 to respond via email

wrote:

I have a small collection of audio cassettes that I would like to
transfer to CD. I don't have time to do it myself and was wondering if
anyone has tried an outside service, in particular I'm thinking of:

www.cassettes2CDs.com

I have a brand new DVD player that can handle MP3 files on CD.

Thanks in advance for your comments. Please email me direct if you do
not wish to post a message.

Jon

Salvatore

Transfer the pancake to a new shell (if it is indeed the shell.) I had
one that I needed to do this for and needed to change out the reel hubs
(one at a time) too.