Tom Hartman

Default Opinions on Blueberry For Acoustic Guitar

I understand that Shoeps, KM84s and 184s are the norm, but I read a
review of the Blueberry that mentioned how well it sounded on
acoustic. Since it would be nice to have a another LDC around for pop
vocals, which I've heard it does well, I'm wondering if anyone thinks
this might serve both purposes. A large mic cabinet is not an option,
I have an M147 which I like, and a SM57 , so this third mic would be
aimed at an alternative sound to the M147 and for acoustic. The
Blueberry looks intriguing and is at the right price point.

Thanks
John L Rice

I played with one once for a ½ hour or so. I think it might be a good
complement to the mics you have, although if you try a lot of stuff you
might find a mic you like better for the same or less money. ( try out the
Rode K2 while you're at it ) It had lots of 'presence' on my voice and I
liked it quite a bit. It was 'brighter' than my CAD E300 without sounding
particularly bottom shy but not as bright as my Rode NTV. It had more
'presence' than the E300 and just as much if not more than the NTV but with
a smother top end.

If your guitars are very bright sounding the Blueberry may be 'too much' for
you but otherwise it may give you a sound you'll really like.

Best of luck!

John L Rice

"Tom Hartman" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Well, I've never tried mine on acoustic guitar, but if you're looking for
something with an alternative sound to the M-147, this would certainly be a
good candidate.
--

Neil Henderson
Progressive Rock

Tom Hartman

wrote in message om...
"Tom Hartman" wrote in message
om...
I understand that Shoeps, KM84s and 184s are the norm, but I read a
review of the Blueberry that mentioned how well it sounded on
acoustic. Since it would be nice to have a another LDC around for pop
vocals, which I've heard it does well, I'm wondering if anyone thinks
this might serve both purposes. A large mic cabinet is not an option,
I have an M147 which I like, and a SM57 , so this third mic would be
aimed at an alternative sound to the M147 and for acoustic. The
Blueberry looks intriguing and is at the right price point.

Well, I've never tried mine on acoustic guitar, but if you're looking for
something with an alternative sound to the M-147, this would certainly be a
good candidate.

Thanks guys for the input. Will check one out....

How to record SOIL or SEVENDUST guitar sound / JOHNNY K can you save me! Josh Pro Audio 0 April 1st 04 02:18 PM
Another "Look-alike" Lawsuit Mike Rivers Pro Audio 35 March 15th 04 04:52 PM
BEHRINGER guitar amps, they really rock! SGAE1976 Pro Audio 43 March 2nd 04 02:46 PM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
Need Help Recording Guitar - vastly appreciate help! me Pro Audio 15 October 28th 03 08:53 PM