jnorman

Default partial iso booth?

suppose i need to record a group of three singers in a mediocre studio
setting. would it be helpful for me to set up four acoustic absorber
panels (each about 2'x4')on stands around the singers to help isolate
them from the room? would the panels best be arranged one at each of
the four quadrants (one front, one behind and one on each side of the
singers), or as a single curved surface in front of the singers (mics
facing the singers and facing away from the panels), or two in front
and two behind the singers? in gerenal, should the mics face the
panels, or should the panels be behind the mics? thoughts? thanks.

--------------------
jnorman
sunridge studios
salem, oregon
Steve King

"jnorman" wrote in message
om...
suppose i need to record a group of three singers in a mediocre studio
setting. would it be helpful for me to set up four acoustic absorber
panels (each about 2'x4')on stands around the singers to help isolate
them from the room? would the panels best be arranged one at each of
the four quadrants (one front, one behind and one on each side of the
singers), or as a single curved surface in front of the singers (mics
facing the singers and facing away from the panels), or two in front
and two behind the singers? in gerenal, should the mics face the
panels, or should the panels be behind the mics? thoughts? thanks.

I would try the panels behind the singers first. If you are using cardioid
mics, they are not picking up as much from the rear anyway.

Steve King

Vocal Booth TOO Darn HOT!!! Fingerz88D Pro Audio 8 March 31st 04 02:17 AM
questions about an iso booth.... yup, iso-booth Julian Russell Pro Audio 4 December 15th 03 04:51 PM
Thinking about buying an isolation booth Beau Randall Pro Audio 6 November 22nd 03 12:41 PM
DIY sound booth links? Linus Pro Audio 4 October 2nd 03 01:58 AM
FS: ISO Booth (Outdoor Mic Booth) Hassan Pro Audio 1 September 21st 03 04:05 AM