Paul Boyd

Default DOWNLOAD MUSIC????

Hi everyone. Can anyone help me???? There appears to be a great idea taking
place in the world of downloads just now where if you illegally download a
track from the internet and try playing it, it will make a hellish noise.
HOW DO YOU DO THIS???? I love it! I have many pieces of my music I would
love to put on my web site that I don't want people copying. Does anyone
know how this new technology works? I am very curious....

Thanks

Paul
www.Paulboydmusic.com

Scott Dorsey

Paul Boyd wrote:
Hi everyone. Can anyone help me???? There appears to be a great idea taking
place in the world of downloads just now where if you illegally download a
track from the internet and try playing it, it will make a hellish noise.
HOW DO YOU DO THIS???? I love it! I have many pieces of my music I would
love to put on my web site that I don't want people copying. Does anyone
know how this new technology works? I am very curious....

You just record a hellish noise, then put it up on various popular downloading
sites.

Ricky W. Hunt

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
Hi everyone. Can anyone help me???? There appears to be a great idea

taking
place in the world of downloads just now where if you illegally download a
track from the internet and try playing it, it will make a hellish noise.

I don't think that will work. Most songs I hear today already sound like
hellish noise yet people still download them. So putting more noise on there
probably won't help help much either

I think what you are wanting to do it put some of your own songs your
website so they can hear the whole (or just part of) your songs? But you
don't want them to download them, right? Well, they can save them with no
problem at all. They could just save the file onto their hard-drives unless
you have the song' file "locked". Or they can get it out of the Windows
cache directory. But they will probably just record from the their
soundcard's output back into it's input and use a program like "MusicMatch"
to burn a disc of it. You are NOT going to stop people from getting copies
and nobody ever will stop them. So don't worry about it.

Just put a verse and chorus of 3 or 4 of your best songs on there and let
them have at it. They'll be able to get to the file (either on your computer
or from their Window's cache after they've listened to it) If they like it
well enough, they might buy it! Don't do the noise thing though. That shows
you care nothing for your listener (your "fan") and don't mind making him
waste time (probably on a slow modem) to get your songs only to be hit in
the ear with noise. They won't be a fan any longer, trust me. But they just
might like the song and want to buy your whole album!decide they like it
they can order it directly from you

The "noise" thing has already been tried by the record companies. They put
out a huge numbers of "fake" songs that had the names of some of their
starstheir stars and a song by them. But instead of the song it's just a
bunch of "white noise". So the consumer spends all his time downloading this
song only too find out it's nothing but static This is how they want to
treat the music loving public.

BTW, the "noise" thing you were talking about has already been tried by the
record companies and was a failure. It just made people even madder which
probably caused people to download even MORE music! Basically what happens
is the record companies flood Kazaa with all these current "hot" songs. You
spend your time downloading it (which on slower systems can take 30 minutes
to get a 5 minute song) only to find on playing that there's either nothing
in the track at all (silence), or noise, or a little "speech" about the
evils do downloading.

Paul Boyd

My god man! Didn't you know they hand us out 4 "Stupid pills" a day, just to
make sure we don't rebel!

"NJD" wrote in message
says...
Hi everyone. Can anyone help me???? There appears to be a great idea

taking
place in the world of downloads just now where if you illegally download

track from the internet and try playing it, it will make a hellish

noise.
HOW DO YOU DO THIS???? I love it! I have many pieces of my music I would
love to put on my web site that I don't want people copying. Does anyone
know how this new technology works? I am very curious....

Thanks

Paul
www.Paulboydmusic.com

What a wonderful idea! So sure to ingratiate you with future fans.

(When did they start handing out stupid pills at music schools?)

--Nick

NJD wrote:

What a wonderful idea! So sure to ingratiate you with future fans.
(When did they start handing out stupid pills at music schools?)

You got it! This particular stupid pill has been around for a VERY long
time too. Began with copy protecting software. Just need to squeeze that
last dollar bill out of everyone and do it by getting rid of your
bread and butter customer base. You'd have thought by now with all the
places out of business from the "You call us and then we give you a 10
digit number to type in, the software then gives you a 15 digit number
back which you then call back into us, and then we give you the 35 digit
number that makes your software run (until the computer crashes)." Right.
Everyone is REALLY gonna put up with that forever. I've seen software
sent back that cost HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST for that very
nonsense! Would you pay big money for a product that was basically
unusable in an everyday work environment? Just WHO is the crook here?

Lesse. How long has RADIO been around? Any of the dumbed down folks
out there figure out that it works yet? What's the basis of radio?
It's that you hand out FREE music. No it's never as good as the real
recording. It's got static and DJs jabbering and distortion from
being crammed through modulators etc, but WHO CARES? The point is
that it lets everyone hear what you've got. No money up front. They
tune it in driving their car and if they like it, they go to your
concert, they buy your CDs etc. I've been recording stuff off the
air for 50 years and it NEVER stopped me from buying the record.
In fact, as I'm pointing out, it has exactly the OPPOSITE effect.
"Hey, I like that! But the radio quality is a bit hosed, I'm gonna
pick up the CD!" Can you DIG it?

Bottom line: You should be putting mp3s of your stuff all over the
FREE sites as much as you can! And with it put your pitch: "Like this?
Then buy our super duper ultra surround sound DVD pack only $$."
What you DO NOT want is copies of your high end product out there
on the net.

Benj
--
Due to SPAM innundation above address is turned off!
hank alrich

Benj wrote:

Lesse. How long has RADIO been around? Any of the dumbed down folks
out there figure out that it works yet? What's the basis of radio?
It's that you hand out FREE music.

Lessee... How long has it been since you looked up "performance
royalties"? Look into what ASCAP, SESAC, BMI, et al, do for a compoer's
and a publisher's living.

--
ha
Paul Boyd

" Lessee... How long has it been since you looked up "performance
royalties"? Look into what ASCAP, SESAC, BMI, et al, do for a compoer's
and a publisher's living."

Now that's what I am talking about! Thanks Hank.

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
Benj wrote:

Lesse. How long has RADIO been around? Any of the dumbed down folks
out there figure out that it works yet? What's the basis of radio?
It's that you hand out FREE music.

Lessee... How long has it been since you looked up "performance
royalties"? Look into what ASCAP, SESAC, BMI, et al, do for a compoer's
and a publisher's living.

--
ha

Kick the compression habit no useful info Audio Opinions 10 August 2nd 04 11:16 PM
Music at Your Fingertips, and a Battle Among Sellers MikeK Pro Audio 0 December 2nd 03 01:31 PM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 04:09 AM
New RIAA Twist? John Payne Pro Audio 11 October 28th 03 05:11 AM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM