Jon Martin

Default Vocal amp for Piano

I'm looking to get a PA system to amplify my vocals. I'm not looking to
stage my own Metallica concert, but my voice isn't the strongest and I just
want something that means I can sit at an open (but unamplified) grand
piano, sing and accompany myself without the vocals getting overpowered.

I'm pretty clueless in the amp/mic field. What kind of equipment should
I be getting and can anyone recommend any particular products? Budget is
£100 to £250 (that's up to about $450). Rooms size think small to midsize
bar - the piano's filling the room OK without any amplification.

Thanks,
Jon Martin

james

In article znr1080767601k@trad, Mike Rivers wrote:

You want something that's easy to transport and easy to set up. Look
into the Fender Passport systems.

Thanks Mike,
I directed the O.P. from the piano group to RAP. I mentioned Fender,
Peavey, Nady, and I'm sure I've seen Yamaha and JBL portables in the
O.P.'s price range.

James
Scott Dorsey

james wrote:
In article znr1080767601k@trad, Mike Rivers wrote:

You want something that's easy to transport and easy to set up. Look
into the Fender Passport systems.

I directed the O.P. from the piano group to RAP. I mentioned Fender,
Peavey, Nady, and I'm sure I've seen Yamaha and JBL portables in the
O.P.'s price range.

D/A/S is now making one that definitely looks like a JBL-killer.
Heavier than the Fender.

My suggestion is to record your voice, then take the disc or tape to
a bunch of stores and play it through various systems and hear what
it sounds like.
james

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:

My suggestion is to record your voice... and hear what it sounds like.

Is that an oblique way of saying "quit music?" ;-)

Scott Dorsey

james wrote:
In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:

My suggestion is to record your voice... and hear what it sounds like.

Is that an oblique way of saying "quit music?" ;-)

Naw. If Bob Dylan can make it big with his voice.... well, even I sound
better than that.

Kurt Albershardt

Jon Martin wrote:

I'm pretty clueless in the amp/mic field. What kind of equipment should
I be getting and can anyone recommend any particular products? Budget is
£100 to £250 (that's up to about $450). Rooms size think small to midsize
bar

Wait a few weeks and listen to the new Mackie SRM-350 http://www.mackie.com/products/srm350/

You'll need to expand your budget just a tad, but it might be worth it.