Lee Asnin

Default Compressors-Again! Bellari RP283/ART PRO-VLA/PreSonus Eureka

Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Lee in Alaska
Torsten Matthiessen

Nooo...not Bellari or ART!! nogo IMHO.
Whatever happened to the good ol' RNC?

--
best regards,
torsten

torsten matthiessen
studie barforama
www.barforama.dk

"I'm much more like I used to be than I am"

Lee Asnin skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:bbc368c4.0403301302.24b43ae7@post ing.google.com...
Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Lee in Alaska

agent86

Lee Asnin wrote:

Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Lee in Alaska

http://www.fmraudio.com/overview.html

'Nuff said.
Scott Dorsey

Lee Asnin wrote:
Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

About fifty people here will tell you to buy the RNC.

hank alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Lee Asnin wrote:
Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

About fifty people here will tell you to buy the RNC.

Even Google would tell me that.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

--
ha

Scott Dorsey

In article ,
hank alrich wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Lee Asnin wrote:
Help! I'm an audio neophyte looking for a compressor in the price
range of above three models. Any
opinions or recommendations would be appreciated!

About fifty people here will tell you to buy the RNC.

Even Google would tell me that.

Well, I'll say a couple things:

1. The RP283 is actually usable as a compressor. The earlier Bellari
compressor was absolutely worthless junk, and so as a result you will
hear a lot of people saying bad things about Bellari compressors. But
the RP283 actually compresses.

2. The ART Pro-VLA is actually a fun thing. It's sure not neutral, and it
is a serious distortion box, but it can actually be a handy thing for
grubbing up bass tracks. It's no Distressor, but it's a lot more useful
than the ART mike preamps, for instance.

3. Buy the RNC before you buy anything else. You will probably find that you
need some ugly compressors now and then, but you'll need the RNC first and
you'll need the RNC more.

Ken / Eleven Shadows

Make that fifty-one...g...they're amazing.

http://www.fmraudio.com/

About fifty people here will tell you to buy the RNC.
--scott

Ken/Eleven Shadows
http://www.elevenshadows.com/