Mike

Default playing electric guitar in the bathtub

I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
Spinal tap couldn't have done it better.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

---Boycot the RIAA---
Rob Reedijk

Mike wrote:
I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
Spinal tap couldn't have done it better.

I guess he wanted that warm tub sound.

(I beat you to it this time, Hank A.)

Rob R.
Scott Dorsey

Mike wrote:
I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
Spinal tap couldn't have done it better.

Man, I keep saying it over and over again, in different contexts. Get
a pignose. Just get a pignose. It bet it sounds great in the tub.
dt king

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
Spinal tap couldn't have done it better.

Man, I keep saying it over and over again, in different contexts. Get
a pignose. Just get a pignose. It bet it sounds great in the tub.

Ya beat me to it.

Though, now you've started it, I will add that you could probably submerge a
Smokey Amp.

dtk

unitron

(Mike) wrote in message om...
I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
Spinal tap couldn't have done it better.

Mike
http://www.mmeproductions.com

---Boycot the RIAA---

It would appear that although he was electrocuted by way of his
guitar the part about being in the bath at the time, much less his
death being intentional and self-inflicted, is pure urban legend.

Marc Wielage

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:05:18 -0800, Mike wrote
(in message ):

I just was reading about Keith Relfs electrocuting himself by playing
electric guitar in the bathtub. I suppose he wanted to kill himself?
--------------------------------snip----------------------------------

Yeah, that happened in May of 1976. Sadly, his body was discovered by his
eight year-old son, which is pretty horrible. I believe the coroner ruled it
"death by misadventure" or something like that, so it was totally accidental,
not a suicide.

Ironically, Ace Frehley got momentarily electrocuted in 1975, but he was on
stage at the time; Uriah Heep bass player Gary Thain had the same thing
happen in 1974. In Frehley and Thain's case, they were only knocked out,
but they weren't killed. Same thing happened to Keith Richards in 1965 in
Sacramento.

Stone the Crow lead guitarist Les Harvey wasn't as lucky -- he died on-stage
in 1972, under similar circumstances.

In the early 1970s, I once got knocked off my feet while plugging in a live
2000-watt Mole-Richardson light at a TV station in Tampa. I was lucky, given
that I was standing on a 25' lighting platform at the time; the shock didn't
kill me, but the fall definitely could have.

--MFW

Another "Look-alike" Lawsuit Mike Rivers Pro Audio 35 March 15th 04 04:52 PM
Low cut options for electric guitar recording Rex Pro Audio 9 February 25th 04 10:42 PM
Slight distortion when recording electric guitar Mike Cressey Pro Audio 8 December 1st 03 05:43 PM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
Large Diaphram Condenser for Electric Guitar? Brian Huether Pro Audio 55 November 1st 03 12:39 PM