ThomasT

Default vocals to high (spartial, not pitch)

Hi!

I (and a guitarist) noticed that the vocals on the quick and dirty
preproduction are above the music.

You hear the snare in front. Directly between the speakers. The
guitars are in the same plane left and right. Also the hihat, but
slightely left.

The bass seems to be under all. This may be a psychological effect.
But the vocals are above the guitar-snare-plan. I don't mean that the
vocals do not fit in the music because of bad EQing or so. I mean that
the phantom source is higher than it should be. Do you know what I
mean.

How can I bring the vocals down? In front of the snare, or even
slightely above this level?
The german "bible" "Dickreiter" says frequencies around 8kHz are
responsible for the imagination "high". But lowering the 8kHz makes
the vocal less clear...

Greetings Thomas

High Pass Filtering - How Audible? Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 36 April 22nd 04 08:10 PM
high pitch sound sayduckshun Car Audio 4 October 16th 03 06:21 AM
What is so high end about high end? Dennis Moore High End Audio 59 September 15th 03 03:00 AM
high pitch whine? SmilingSinner Car Audio 5 August 11th 03 03:18 AM
hearing high pitch Aaron Anodide Pro Audio 6 July 11th 03 05:45 PM