RB

Default what are they called today?

Some years ago they were called "boom boxes". I still see 'em in stores
today. Essentially, they're a big, unitized CD player/steereo thingees
about the size of a suitcase. Some have detachable speakers, some don't.

What are they called today in the stores?

RB

OK. Dumb me just found out they're STILL called boom boxes. Sorry for the
posts.

TCS

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:04:40 -0500, RB wrote:
Some years ago they were called "boom boxes". I still see 'em in stores
today. Essentially, they're a big, unitized CD player/steereo thingees
about the size of a suitcase. Some have detachable speakers, some don't.

What are they called today in the stores?

portable sound systems (or some such weaselspeak) although everyone still calls
them boomboxes or the 70's term ghettoblaster.