sagan

Default Recording Drums

Hi,

Here is my case, I need to record some drum tracks using the following mics:
sm57, sm58, beta 52a kick, and 2 akg c1000 condensers. Does anyone have any
suggestions on mic placement? Also, I will be recording some vocal tracks
with these same mics availible.....any suggestions there? Any help is
greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Raymond

sagan wrote
Here is my case, I need to record some drum tracks using the following mics:
sm57, sm58, beta 52a kick, and 2 akg c1000 condensers. Does anyone have any
suggestions on mic placement?

The 57 is the only good recording mic you have, but you can try the c1000's as
overhead's in a stereo pair config. Throw the 52 on the kick drum and the 57 on
the snare. Dich the 58 all together.
Both the 58 and the 52 are more for SR work but you should get an ok sound from
the 52 on the bass drum.

Also, I will be recording some vocal tracks
with these same mics availible.....any suggestions there? Any help is
greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Again the 57 would be my pick for vocals, but give the c1000 a try and pick the
best of the two.
DaveDrummer

Good room, good drums, good DRUMMER, lots of time.

Also, try to get the most out of the stereo overhead mics, THEN add in the
close mics. Otherwise itll sound very fake, from my experiences. you want
that ambience, and thats why you also want a good room. good luck.

Dave

"Raymond" wrote in message
sagan wrote
[...]

Raymond

Dave wrote
Good room, good drums, good DRUMMER, lots of time.

Also, try to get the most out of the stereo overhead mics, THEN add in the
close mics. Otherwise itll sound very fake, from my experiences. you want
that ambience, and thats why you also want a good room. good luck.

What he said to. Good show little Davie!!

Recording Drums sagan General 1 March 11th 04 02:25 AM
Recording Drums sagan General 0 March 9th 04 06:03 AM
Micing drums with ONE mic only, live recording! Brendan Thompson Pro Audio 16 March 8th 04 06:18 AM
Why all the bad recordings watch king High End Audio 3 February 6th 04 07:04 PM
recording drums with aardvark direct pro 2496 Scott Pro Audio 0 November 13th 03 09:28 AM