Leadfoot

Default Sony STR-DE575, remote selection of 5.1ch input

2 Buttons above the volume control should be a button called

Multi CH/
2CH direct

this should switch you to the rear 5.1 inputs

See page 51 and 52 of the manual

I don't have the str-de575 anymore but I still have the manual on PDF if you
need it

On my yamaha rx-v630 I use an optical (toslink) input to hook up my
computer. That may be an alternative you would want to consider

E-mail me at if you want a copy

"DrkShadow" wrote in message
Ok.. as for the story, I bought an STR-DE445 receiver on ebay (of
course..), labeled as coming with the remote. Well, the remote was
incorrect (the seller stated he bought it without the remote, found the
remote for sale on ebay labeled for this particular receiver). So, I
eventually looked, and found another remote.. for the str-de575. Works

much
better, I might add. But, a problem:

445 uses a remote model RM-U304
575 has a remote RM-U305
the 575 remote seems to have no selection for 5.1ch input

... Anyone know how I can set up this remote, or in any way select the 5.1
channel inputs? I read the manual and the 575 has the same 5.1 channel
input jacks on the receiver but I didn't see anywhere where it told how to
select them via the remote. As I use the 5.1 inputs for my PC, I consider
it quite a useful addition ;-)

I've tried about all I can think of.. I was just wondering if someone with
a 575 receiver could tell me how they select the 5.1 channel inputs. Of
course, if anyone could tell me how I could get it to work, that'd be

great
too ;-)

-DrkShadow