Studio Froombosch

Default SPDIF to RME9652

I'm guessing the cap goes in the center as opposed to the shield?

Correct

It's
certainly worth a shot, and cheaper than a new card .

I tried a loopback test, and that failed, too. 9652's output connected
to its own input. Their little monitor app saw signal going out, but
nothing coming in. I'm such an idiot. I should have done that first.

Looks like a dead input.

What makes some RCA cables digital, others analog? I pulled their
pigtail apart, and saw absolutely nothing special. Monster's digital
cable talks about all the special braiding (snort) they did to justify
the cost of the cable, but the pigtail into the 9652 looks just like any
other RCA cable, with the ends soldered to a couple pins. (Continuity was
fine, BTW).

PDIF = 75 Ohm Coax and analog just one or two wires and shield without
karasterictics for high frequencies

My favorite part of the Monster cable is the sticker showing signal flow
direction. After all, if you accidentally reverse the cable, resistance
will build, heat will be generated, and you could *melt* your entire
studio. Boy, I sure hope they didn't accidentally put that sticker on
backwards.

LOL! No this is only where the shield is connected.....

Anyway, thanks again for the tip - I'll run down a 10nF cap today and see
if anything explodes.

I guess it will not work, because the input is probebly dead.

Regards,

Harrie
www.studiofroombosch.com