nmm

Default Colin Powell kicks ass!

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 6:49 PM, Romeo Rondeau
wrote:

Allright Common ground, somewhere to start!

That's what I meant when i was talking about Soundmen / Audio

techs have
a reputation for knowing a lot about Millitary Hardware and

Formula One
racing. It definately wasn't intended as a slight, it's a

compliment.
Sorry you took that the wrong way, or it came out the wrong

way.

Sorry, I have the tendency to be very defensive on this NG. Tough
room for
someone slightly to the right. :-)

Definately a Hard room, must be the sound system.

Yes there is a tendancey not to be so civil her.. We should all try and get
around that one.

So as a Francophone, do you see TV5 News, or RDI? Does that come from
another Planet in your opinion?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Romeo Rondeau" ...

This guy's calling for an overthrow of the US government!

Hear-hear !!! g

George Gleason

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"Romeo Rondeau" ...

This guy's calling for an overthrow of the US government!

Hear-hear !!! g

I believe our constitution demands that when the adminstration gets as bad
as it is now
George

---

nmm

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 6:15 PM, George Gleason
wrote:

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in
message
. ..

"Romeo Rondeau"

This guy's calling for an overthrow of the US government!

Hear-hear !!! g

I believe our constitution demands that when the adminstration
gets as bad
as it is now
George

It's been a steady state of decline that started with the Eisenhower
admin's NSA. removing many of the powers of elected government and placing
them in the appointed, with no oversight.

There is the Media created illusion of "Private Industry" being "better
than Public Trust". the reinforced values of this mock capitalisim.
Problem is that the centers of power are unelected corporate bodies. Small
business still has to deal with insurance Companies, Banks, and other
marginally regulated and excesively exploitive institutions to do business.

I'd like to hear from one person who owns and operates their own recording
studio, or sound company, who has no complaints about these so called
"Free market bodies"

I've seen people argue that the
American Revolution really only lasted 10 years, and then the British
banks that had their Tea dumped into Boston harbor were back in control.

georgeh

"George Gleason" writes:

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message
"Romeo Rondeau" ...
This guy's calling for an overthrow of the US government!

Hear-hear !!! g

I believe our constitution demands that when the adminstration gets as bad
as it is now
George

IIRC that was The Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

FWIW, my dad, a US Treasury man in the 60s always used to say
the people WOULD overthrow the govt if they knew what the wealthy
and corporations were getting away with taxwise. Of course that
was back when they were still paying their "fair share" relative
to today ... prior to Reagan et al.

Romeo Rondeau

Sorry, I have the tendency to be very defensive on this NG. Tough
room for
someone slightly to the right. :-)

Definately a Hard room, must be the sound system.

Yes there is a tendancey not to be so civil her.. We should all try and

get
around that one.

So as a Francophone, do you see TV5 News, or RDI? Does that come from
another Planet in your opinion?

You know, I'm not much of a Frenchman, my family is from Saskatchawan and
Quebec... that's about it. I did watch a little Canadian TV as a kid, the
station in Sherbrooke I believe... channel 8? The old channel 8 in Boston
used to shut off at a certain time, once the carrier was shut off, we could
get the Canadian channel. What I do have is a half yankee- french canadian,
half southerner perspective. I have at least seen and lived in both "halfs"
of America. I travel a lot, but that's not as good as recording music. I get
to meet lots of people of different races, religions, etc. So far, life has
been interesting and it keeps on coming. I'm not sure how French-Canadian
news is these days, my guess is that I wouldn't see eye to eye with their
slant! :-) I've given up on truly "fair and balanced" news coverage, it
isn't really possible.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Romeo Rondeau" spaketh...

I've given up on truly "fair and balanced" news coverage, it
isn't really possible.

Now I owe you a cup of coffee, too.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"Romeo Rondeau" spaketh...

I've given up on truly "fair and balanced" news coverage, it
isn't really possible.

Now I owe you a cup of coffee, too.

Why would that be?

You once told me that you bought FOX News (hook, line, and sinker),
as the most accurate news in America.

Besides, I haven't seen you in so long, a strong cup is in order anyway.

DM

Romeo Rondeau

You once told me that you bought FOX News (hook, line, and sinker),
as the most accurate news in America.

Besides, I haven't seen you in so long, a strong cup is in order anyway.

David, I don't think I said that. I believe I said that I thought that Fox
News was the most accurate on TV (Liberals, flame away! I'm not responding
to it). The other choices being CNN, MSNBC and the networks. I don't buy ANY
television news hook, line and sinker. But then again, I don't doubt
everything simply because it doesn't support my point of view. As a matter
of fact, I watch CNN, Fox and MSNBC so I can see how the different networks
put their spin on it. I often find that Fox reports the whole story,
although not always. But if I was stuck on a desert island... it would be
Fox News, a blonde and a Shure SM57 :-)

George Gleason

[...]

any really important news is filtered through John Ashcroft and the Bush
adminstration before we get to hear it
They are going as far as making up scientific reportsd in regards to
environmental issues and actual american deaths
and how do you like the spin they put on that Jessica Lynch thing.
That is why it is just as important to hear out any one who offers up thier
unique slant on things
and not buy into any one repot as truth
but seeing as there is not truth we have to formulate uor best opinions on
all we take in
the more you take in the betyter a chance of haveing a complete picture
when opinions get formed
which is why I participate in these long boring pointless threads
I might just learn something
or I might just teach something
George

---

Romeo Rondeau

any really important news is filtered through John Ashcroft and the Bush
adminstration before we get to hear it
They are going as far as making up scientific reportsd in regards to
environmental issues and actual american deaths
and how do you like the spin they put on that Jessica Lynch thing.

How in the world would they have the time to filter all the news when taking
over the world takes so much out of the day?

That is why it is just as important to hear out any one who offers up

thier
unique slant on things
and not buy into any one repot as truth
but seeing as there is not truth we have to formulate uor best opinions on
all we take in
the more you take in the betyter a chance of haveing a complete picture
when opinions get formed
which is why I participate in these long boring pointless threads
I might just learn something
or I might just teach something

I doubt you will learn anything.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Default Colin Powell EATS HAMBURGERS

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...

any really important news is filtered through John Ashcroft and the Bush
adminstration before we get to hear it

How in the world would they have the time to filter all the news when taking
over the world takes so much out of the day?

Boy....

I hate to go getting political on you again Romeo, but I think your Commander
In Chief is getting scared. At any rate, he's pulling a couple of stunts behind
our backs again ("filtered news" as it were) to make the economy *look*
better than it really is.

First, he's proposed *amnesty* for ALL illegal mexican immigrants. You've
probably heard that one already.

Secondly (and you'll have to scour the news to find this one because I just
heard it on the BBC - but I'll drop some links below) they're saying that the
"The White House" has decided to reclassify MANUFACTURING jobs to
include *FAST FOOD* workers !!!!! Sheeesh... they were just re-classified
into the "service" sector a few years back. :-(

In light of millions of real manufacturing jobs being out-sourced to foreign
countries, the Honorable Mr. Bush, with a potential single stroke of his pen
will balance his numbers from the manufacturing sector by the somewhat
absurd re-classification of fast food workers as "manufacturers".

I dunno' what to say... are we really 'manufacturing' hamburgers?

http://www.iht.com/articles/130523.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-145751c.html

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...how/509917.cms

DM

transducr

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote in message .. .
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...

SNIP!

I dunno' what to say... are we really 'manufacturing' hamburgers?

have you *eaten* fast food lately!?

Romeo Rondeau

Actually, democracies have a pretty bad track record as far as stability
and
longevity goes. We never even get to hear about most of them because they
don't last long enough. Historically, Monarchy and Imperial Despotism
created the longest lasting governments. So it really remains to be seen,
but when weighed against 'freedom' as a concept (in the enlightenment

sense,
not the abstract and misleading GWB 'patriot act' sense), I tend to fall

on
the side of freedom over stability.

That's funny that you say this because the longest surviving democracy today
is the United States (actually a republican government), with the longest
surviving written Constitution. The longest surviving monarchy is Great
Britain, which isn't really a monarchy any more. It's more like a republic
now. This is very interesting to me. Do you have any facts to back this up?
Rome lasted 850 years (OK, really only 600 or so years as an actual
empire... not just a city), and it was a republican government (a lot like
the US in some ways.) I'm not trying to start waves here, I really am
curious.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Romeo Rondeau" ...

That's funny that you say this because the longest surviving democracy today
is the United States (actually a republican government), with the longest
surviving written Constitution.

Whigs and Torys. What was a republican in 1776? Was it left or right?
Was it liberal or conservative?

Sorry... couldn't resist. ;-)

reddred

[...]

200 years isn't very long. If you look at ancient states that had some sort
of representative governent, it almost always ended up morphing into a type
of despotism. Rome was only a republic with a strong merchant class for
roughly four hundred years, and ended with empire worship, a huge gap
between the rich and the poor (no middle class), a castrated representative
body, and extreme decadence.

A similair though not identical transition occured in ancient Israel, when
rule under the Judges morphed into rule by Solomon. This was accompanied not
by decadence, but by extreme religious conservatism, and warfare in the name
of religion.

The Vikings had a form of independent, reperesentative government during
their heyday as primarily merchants and pirates, but as their influence grew
they succombed to a more roman-style monarchy, with centralized power in a
few locations - a structure which lasted far longer then their independent
'democracies' did.

In all cases, the change came from within, and has much to do with the
difficulty of managing large tracts of land, remote colonies and/or far-off
organized military initiatives, and from what we can tell, the diminshment
of a 'middle-income' group that has the ability to demand political rights
and prevents wealth (and it's sister power) from becoming centralized.

As to the US being a Republic, it was at one time, back when the states
could make up their mind about everything, like whether women could own
property, states competed with one another economically without much regard
for what lay outside the United States, and contributed directly to the
Militia, and the only people that could vote were free white men that owned
acres and acres of land. We are no longer that country, due mostly to
incursions on 'state's rights' by the federal government. We are a modern
Democracy. We walk a global stage only because we are no longer a loose
coalition that forms a Republic.

The danger in Democracy is that we could slide into despotism, which has
nothing to do with the size of the government or the tax rate, but the
nature of the government.

jb

Jay Kadis

In article ,
"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote:
[snip]

Secondly (and you'll have to scour the news to find this one because I just
heard it on the BBC - but I'll drop some links below) they're saying that
the
"The White House" has decided to reclassify MANUFACTURING jobs to
include *FAST FOOD* workers !!!!! Sheeesh... they were just re-classified
into the "service" sector a few years back. :-(

Wasn't it the Reagan administration that defined ketchup as a vegetable? (Or
something to that effect...)

-Jay
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x