Lasher

Default Is this true?

I was at Circuit City today and I was asking why my 10" subs didnt sound to
good in my truck. I have a extended cab 2003 silverado. I have 2 seperate
little boxes that fit under the rear bench seat powered by a Pioneer 760W
amp. Anyways, they told me to put a really thick kind of fabric inside the
boxes and that will fool the boxes into thinking they are bigger therefore a
cleaner and more powerful sound. Just wondering if this was true?

Lasher

Eddie Runner

installing fiberfill in the boxis cheap and easy.... Wallmart has bags of the
stuff
for a little over a dollar I think.... It wont hurt to put somein your boxes but
doubt you will hear any difference....

Why not spend a couple of bucks and then when its installed go back to
the Circuit City Morons and tell em it still sucks.... ;-)

ask em NOW WHAT?

ha ha
maybe THEY will learn something

Eddie Runner

Lasher wrote:

I was at Circuit City today and I was asking why my 10" subs didnt sound to
good in my truck. I have a extended cab 2003 silverado. I have 2 seperate
little boxes that fit under the rear bench seat powered by a Pioneer 760W
amp. Anyways, they told me to put a really thick kind of fabric inside the
boxes and that will fool the boxes into thinking they are bigger therefore a
cleaner and more powerful sound. Just wondering if this was true?

Lasher

Mark Zarella

Anyways, they told me to put a really thick kind of fabric inside the
boxes and that will fool the boxes into thinking they are bigger therefore

cleaner and more powerful sound.

hehehe...

Jack in Dallas

Damn, and all this time I thought the only way to get a "cleaner more
powerful sound" from a Citcuit City install was by adding a few huge Alpine
and Pioneer stickers on my car windows.....

FogHornLegHorn

uh huh....

FHLH

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message

They don't sound good because they're in little boxes. You either need
big boxes or a way to vent the back end of a woofer to the outside of
the cabin.

Eddie Runner

If you did that you wouldnt have any air space in the box left!

THAT WONT WORK!!

FogHornLegHorn wrote:

buy subs that match the volume of the enclosures you have......
simple as that.

FHLH...... wrong size box, sub sounds bad.... any sub, by any manufacture.

Paul Maxson

X-No-Archive:yes

A Q-Logic Box with a Mono Block class D MTX Amp and a 8000 series
sub will sound good all available at CC. Not my choice but if that's where
you want to go it's an option. You will pay double for half the sound.

They sell computers, TV's dryers etc. Go to a car audio shop.

That is my 2 cents.

~«©¿©»~

http://home.comcast.net/~wegetourmai...ome.html-.html
No. Try not.
Do or do not, there is no try.
Max

FogHornLegHorn wrote:

buy subs that match the volume of the enclosures you have......
simple as that.

FHLH...... wrong size box, sub sounds bad.... any sub, by any

manufacture.

The Lizard

Paul Maxson wrote:
X-No-Archive:yes

Never take advice from someone who is afraid of having their words archived.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/
Save Farscape http://www.watchfarscape.com