trombone student

Default How can I help the high's in my system

I have the JVC KS-FX200 cassette receiver paired with the CH-X400 12 disk
changer hooked up with the J-Link. My front speakers are Polk EX602a 6
1/2"s, and my rear speakers are the stock 6X9s. The car is a 2000 Civic.
The rear speakers are barely used in my system because they don't drive
very well, and my Polk's give out an incredible amount of bass, which
creates problems due to their positioning. I'm considering two different
options, leaving the back as is, insulating the doors better for the bass,
and adding tweeters up front, which I am unsure both in what to buy, and how
to go about with the addition, I Know that the car was offered with optional
tweeters mounted next to the rearview mirrors, so their must be some way to
mount them, but then there must be some need for a crossover. My other
option is putting my Polk's in back, and putting speakers with better highs
up front, I have a nice pair of infinity 3 1/2"s, but I'm not sure it would
make sense to put them in the door, although it would get rid of the
vibrating bass problem, but there must be some fairly cost effective speaker
that would allow better highs. I am a music major who has a fairly long
commute to school, so I have a need for both good sound, and decent economy.
I'm guessing the speaker rearrangement, possibly with a new pair of front
speakers would be the cheaper option, although adding tweeters and a
crossover might be cheaper too, I'm open to suggestions.
Thank You

Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"trombone student" wrote:

[...]

The front speakers are located low enough that some speakers won't
project treble up to ear height. You can try angled surface mount
tweeters. Mount them a little higher than the factory speaker and aim
them to ear level of the opposite side of the car. Use double sided
tape until you're sure that you've found the right location and aim.

I wouldn't get the side mirror speakers. Having one channel of a
tweeter right at your face doesn't sound good.

Replacing the rear speakers will greatly improve the deepest bass
response and they will help fill in the sound.