Sanitarium

Default DEI Studio 6.5 help

Can you elaborate on "sound terrible"... EX: Too bright, not bright
enough, too much midrange, etc.

Are you sure its the speakers distorting and not the amp clipping? The
factory speakers may be more efficient than the DEIs, therefore they put
out more dbs per watt input.

Garrett

Scott wrote:

Hello,
I bought a set of dei studio 6.5 componets and my problem is they sound
terrible. Ive got to turn my rear factory 6x8's over them to keep them from
screwing up the sound.
They are running on a sony 70mp3 player with 22watts a channell. I just
got a new car and havent been able to put my amps in yet.
Im hopeing that one of you guys can tell me it gets better. The speakers
start clipping and drowning out about 1/3 of the way up. My factory speakers
can handle way more volume .
The crossover is hooked up I even have a them croosed over at 78hz threw
my headunit.
Let me know what you guys think. Scott

Jason

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,
Ive got to turn my rear factory 6x8's over them to keep them from
screwing up the sound.

What does this mean? Sounds like they are out of phase.

Quigmeister Quigolator Quiganology

Im hopeing that one of you guys can tell me it gets better.

It gets better.

Directed Studio Comps are killer speakers.

Although more power will sound better, my best guess is that the problem lies
in your installation. For starters, use your balance control to turn of one,
then the other set. Does each set (woofer&tweet) sound equally poor?

..
www.MAINSTREET-AUDIO.com
~ ~ ~ Where SERVICE never goes out of style ~ ~ ~

V I S I T O U R F O R U M
http://63.74.14.174/forum/phpBB2/index.php
Scott

If they are out of phase they must both be out of phase. That is possiblity
though. I would go check them but the last time I took off a door pannel I
screwd up the power locks. I got them installed at best buy. I dought they
will look over them for me.

"Jason" wrote in message

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,
Ive got to turn my rear factory 6x8's over them to keep them from
screwing up the sound.

What does this mean? Sounds like they are out of phase.

Jason

"Scott" wrote in message
If they are out of phase they must both be out of phase. That is

possiblity
though. I would go check them but the last time I took off a door pannel I
screwd up the power locks. I got them installed at best buy. I dought they
will look over them for me.

"Jason" wrote in message

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,
Ive got to turn my rear factory 6x8's over them to keep them from
screwing up the sound.

What does this mean? Sounds like they are out of phase.

Well you can check by testing each speaker indiviually. Set the fader all
the way front and the balance all the way left and test. Then set the
balance all the way right and test... etc etc. No need to pull anything.
If they sound better individually then they are out of phase.