NewYorkDave

Default Oh, Christmas Tree... blocks

I like the convenience of punchdowns for the large-scale projects we
do at my job; but for my home studio, I want to do my patchbays the
old-fashioned way, with soldered connections. Can one still buy
"christmas tree" terminal blocks?
Scott Dorsey

NewYorkDave wrote:
I like the convenience of punchdowns for the large-scale projects we
do at my job; but for my home studio, I want to do my patchbays the
old-fashioned way, with soldered connections. Can one still buy
"christmas tree" terminal blocks?

Yes, ADC sells them still, I think.

Or, you can buy patchbays with solder tabs and run the lines directly to
the patchbay, eliminating the christmas tree. I like this because it means
fewer possible connection points.

Also, the patchbays with solder tabs and no internal wiring tend to sell
cheaply on the surplus market because people are afraid of them.

Have a 60's Christmas .... Harry Lavo High End Audio 9 December 12th 03 07:32 PM
Christmas Advice Please? dlh Car Audio 9 November 28th 03 08:07 PM
Charge a battery from distro blocks? ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 2 October 7th 03 06:46 AM
Decca tree size - related to room size? hollywood_steve Pro Audio 5 August 30th 03 02:03 PM
BRC parts (end blocks) wanted Darrell Klein Pro Audio 0 July 15th 03 04:02 AM