JohanWagener

Default 45W X 4 vs 50W X 4

How big is the difference in power between 45W X 4 transistor frontloader
and a 50W x 4 MOSFET frontloader.

If you plan to run all 4 speakers off the frontloader and add an 4 channel
amp would it be worth it to rather go for a 50W MOSFET?

I can get a second hand 45W for half the price of a new 50W. (the new unit
playes CD-RW but the second hand only plays CD-R)

Onyi C. Ejiasa

From my experience, I seem to remember that MOSFET will give you better
output. On top of that, new is always going to be a wise choice. A lot of
people go for the deal in the short run, but end up spending more money
replacing it in the long run.

Always buy car audio gear with the intent on keeping it for a long time. You
never want to buy something that will end up temporary...

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
Firstlink Technology, Inc.
4260 East Evans Avenue, Denver, CO 80222
PH 303.691.8200 | FAX 303.691.8208
"JohanWagener" wrote in message
How big is the difference in power between 45W X 4 transistor frontloader
and a 50W x 4 MOSFET frontloader.

If you plan to run all 4 speakers off the frontloader and add an 4 channel
amp would it be worth it to rather go for a 50W MOSFET?

I can get a second hand 45W for half the price of a new 50W. (the new unit
playes CD-RW but the second hand only plays CD-R)

Jason Whorton

Here is some information from a test of a Pioneer DEH-P9300 from
Carsound magazine.

INTERNAL AMPS

All measurements @ 14volts unless otherwise specified
Max Output: 35 watts x 4 @ 35% THD+N
Max Undistorted Output: 18 watts x 4 @ 1% THD+N
Signal-to-Noise: -94.4 dB
Channel Error: 0.027 dB
Frequency Response: +0 dB, -0.8 dB

Hope this helps,
Jason Whorton

http://www.carsound.com/reviews/hd_units/DEH-P9300.html

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
That's just power ratings games common in automotive stereo

equipment.
For an in-dash unit, the type of output transistor matters little.
Expect 20 to 23 watts RMS from both.

15wrms is probably more realistic.