Jeff

Default One Terrifying Story.......

"Ringo" wrote in message
Back to the Cap....

Stinger was quick to respond and they would love to see it. I will
probably take it out this weekend and take many pics of it, the
terminals and the bottom of the seat so you can see the crud that is
now on the metal of the seat.

Thanks all.....

The picture did not show the top of the capacitor but
from what I could see I would expect an internal and
or vent failure causing excessive internal pressure.
The other post mention of bad electrolytic could be
a reason and very dangerous in large caps, glad no
one was hurt. Also the material ejected is corrosive
I would clean and lube the parts hit by it.
Jeff