Jason

Default Cdrw

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
can someone give me an in depth explanation of what this is and how it
works and how its better then just burning cd's ?
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=149339

A CDRW can be *burned* to more than once... many times, like old tapes..
ReWritable. They are slower and more expnsive, but not by ALOT. CDR, your
most common writable CDs are ONCE writeable. Once you *burn* to it, you
can't reburn it any more. You *can* ADD to an already burned CDR, but it
will not overwrite what youve already put on it.

Make sense?

Hallraker

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
can someone give me an in depth explanation of what this is and how it
works and how its better then just burning cd's ?

I wouldn't define it as "better", just more economical for some uses.
CD-RWs are best for routine backups and other situations where you want data
to be written and then overwritten later. They aren't really intended for
archiving, but can be used for that purpose anyway. I've had issues in the
past with the CD-RWs becoming unreadable and/or skipping much easier than
conventional CD-R discs. Since CD-Rs are cheaper and can be found for less
than $20 for a 100 disc spindle, I generally burn my music to the CD-R's and
then replace them when they become worn.

FWIW, I don't recommend labeling your discs either, it's fine for home use
but it seems that the adhesive on the labels starts to weaken in the
high-temperature environment of a car interior. Personally, I use a marker
and just put a number on each disc and memorize what number corresponds to
what music. Makes it a lot easier to find the right disc when driving since
I don't have to scrutinize the label to find what's on it.

-Matt

scat131

ok so cdr's ARE burnt cd's, i thought they were different for some
reason

and cdrw's are rewritable cd's taht u can overwrite numerous times i got
it thanks very much for the help
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=149339

Jack in Dallas

CDR's cant be reburned but they CAN BE ADDED TO if you dont close the
session. You can add to them as many times as you like until they are full.

Jason

"Jack in Dallas" wrote in message
et...
CDR's cant be reburned but they CAN BE ADDED TO if you dont close the
session. You can add to them as many times as you like until they are

full.

Right, which is what I said...