GaryM

Default The Devil's Plug!

Hello everyone, I have just bought a microphone from Ebay for my mini
home studio. The thing is, the connector on it is one I believe is
called a "Nanocon", a 3 pin connector made by Neutrik. The microphone
came with a Nanocon to Neutricon lead and a Neutricon to 1/4" TR plug.
What I would like to know is:
1) Is it possible to get a Nanocon to XLR lead?
2) Would this lead be balanced?
Scott Dorsey

GaryM wrote:
Hello everyone, I have just bought a microphone from Ebay for my mini
home studio. The thing is, the connector on it is one I believe is
called a "Nanocon", a 3 pin connector made by Neutrik. The microphone
came with a Nanocon to Neutricon lead and a Neutricon to 1/4" TR plug.
What I would like to know is:
1) Is it possible to get a Nanocon to XLR lead?

Sure. Markertek should be willing to make you one. They will want a
pinout of the Nanocon, but they have the connectors in stock.

2) Would this lead be balanced?

If you want it to be, and the output is, sure.
GaryM

In the UK, you can get the connectors from Neutrik UK in Ryde, or whoever
they would recommend for a more local dealer. Your local TV repair place
can probably make a cable up for you with no problem.
--scott

Cheers, I'll just go and dig out the Yellow Pages...

Pooh Bear

GaryM wrote:

In the UK, you can get the connectors from Neutrik UK in Ryde, or whoever
they would recommend for a more local dealer. Your local TV repair place
can probably make a cable up for you with no problem.
--scott

Cheers, I'll just go and dig out the Yellow Pages...

'Nanocon' is a new one on me. Never mind Neutricon etc. Can't even see it on
Neutrik UK's site. Oh - ok it's under Industrial Connectors.

Try these guys. http://www.vdctrading.com/

They're a Neutrik main dealer and make cables to order for little more than
the cost you would pay for the parts.

Graham

GaryM

'Nanocon' is a new one on me. Never mind Neutricon etc. Can't even see it on
Neutrik UK's site. Oh - ok it's under Industrial Connectors.

Yeah, I'd never seen one either. It should be listed under "Wierd
Miniature Connectors"

GaryM

In the UK, you can get the connectors from Neutrik UK in Ryde, or whoever
they would recommend for a more local dealer. Your local TV repair place
can probably make a cable up for you with no problem.

Ahhhh, if only you knew typical UK 'TV repair places'.

Wouldn't know an XLR even ! Well, maybe, if you were lucky... and if the wind
was blowing.....

Maybe I should ask a guitar repair place?
Jose de las Heras

"GaryM" wrote in message
In the UK, you can get the connectors from Neutrik UK in Ryde, or

whoever
they would recommend for a more local dealer. Your local TV repair

place
can probably make a cable up for you with no problem.

Ahhhh, if only you knew typical UK 'TV repair places'.

Wouldn't know an XLR even ! Well, maybe, if you were lucky... and if the

wind
was blowing.....

Maybe I should ask a guitar repair place?

In the UK, I'd suggest you contact Stewart Ward (designer and manufacturer
of Award Session amplifiers). He's a nice guy and I'm sure he can help you.
He uses good cables and makes them to order with your choice of plugs. Tell
him Jose from ukmg sent you :-) (no, I don't get a commission!):
Stewart Ward
Award-Session, UK
Tel: +44 1256 477 222

Jose
--
Musha ring dum a doo dum a dah - www.mcnach.com

Scott Dorsey

GaryM wrote:
In the UK, you can get the connectors from Neutrik UK in Ryde, or whoever
they would recommend for a more local dealer. Your local TV repair place
can probably make a cable up for you with no problem.

Ahhhh, if only you knew typical UK 'TV repair places'.

Wouldn't know an XLR even ! Well, maybe, if you were lucky... and if the wind
was blowing.....

Maybe I should ask a guitar repair place?

They don't have to know an XLR. They just need to know how to solder and
which wire goes where. You're going to have to tell them which wire goes
where, though.
Glenn Booth

Hi,

In message , Pooh Bear
writes

Ahhhh, if only you knew typical UK 'TV repair places'.

Oh, I dunno. The one near me seems to be able to fix near anything. Then
again, he's about 104 years old, and was probably a mate of Marconi's,
so he probably doesn't count as typical.

Great shop though. He sells soldering irons, screws by the pound, and
jelly babies. He also has a parts bin you could hold a disco in.

--
Regards,
Glenn Booth