Advocate78

Default Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question

Hello, I'm trying to use CEP to edit commercials out of radio shows that I have
taped and also to join segments of audio files. However, when I load the mp3
files, the last 10 seconds or so are cut off in CEP. Can anyone help me with
this? Thanks,

Luis
Arny Krueger

"Advocate78" wrote in message

Hello, I'm trying to use CEP to edit commercials out of radio shows
that I have taped and also to join segments of audio files. However,
when I load the mp3 files, the last 10 seconds or so are cut off in
CEP. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks,

I've loaded a lot of MP3 files with CEP 2.0 and 2.1 and never saw anything
like this. How do you know that the MP3 files aren't cut off all by
themselves? How do they sound when you play them with Winamp, for example?

P Stamler

If it isn't in CEP, it wasn't on the MP3. CEP isn't smart enough to import
only part of a file.

CE2000 was. There were some things I downloaded, mostly from bands' websites
but also from the "American Memory" site, where the first second or so was
clipped by CE2000. Playing the thing back in a regular MP3 player, the whole
thing was there. This happened several times, and would happen over and over
with some files. Weird.

Peace,
Paul
Kurt Albershardt

Default editing MP3s (was: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 question)

Advocate78 wrote:

I'm trying to use CEP to edit commercials out of radio shows that I have
taped and also to join segments of audio files.

If you can limit your editing to straight cuts and volume changes,
mp3DirectCut will allow you to edit the compressed MP3s directly, thus
avoiding the decode/reencode losses http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/

I have several friends who use it for editing long radio captures.