Frank Benenati

Default anyone have a Roland MA-8?

Hey folks,

I need cheap ass monitors that will be used for the following things:

95% guitar practice with a POD

5% recording and mixing my personal crappy music that never goes
anywhere.

I really don't see spending more than 100 bucks on these speakers for
the above reasons....

Can I do any better than the Roland MA-8s??? or is there a better
solution?

Thanks,
Frank
BC

In article , fmb15
@optonline.net says...
Can I do any better than the Roland MA-8s??? or is there a better
solution?

FWIW (and that ain't much, coming from a hack) - I've used MA-8s for a
while and I like them! They have this weird vibration/resonance thing
happening when the bass is out of whack. Get the bass 'happening' on a
pair of these w/o making the plastic cabs vibrate and it seems to
translate well. I wouldn't trust them for detailed EQ - but that kind of
goes without saying.