James Lugo

Default How does the Chandler LTD-1 sound compaired to a Neve 1073 for male rock vocals?

I'm looking for the killer mic preamp for my voice. My style is a
modern rock tenor and I use a Neumann U87ai and an Avalon 737. I'm not
happy with the Avalon. Thanks - http://www.UncleNancy.com to hear my
voice. Any help would be appriciated.
Fletcher

"James Lugo" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for the killer mic preamp for my voice. My style is a
modern rock tenor and I use a Neumann U87ai and an Avalon 737. I'm not
happy with the Avalon. Thanks - http://www.UncleNancy.com to hear my
voice. Any help would be appriciated.

What qualities of the Avalon are you not liking? What would you like to
achieve differently? Have you ever heard a 1073 in that application?... or
are you working on myth?

The LTD-1 is very "1073 esqe"... more so than most other clones... but it
may not necessarily be the best tool for the job.

Best of luck with your search
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Blind Joni

I'm looking for the killer mic preamp for my voice. My style is a
modern rock tenor and I use a Neumann U87ai and an Avalon 737. I'm not
happy with the Avalon. Thanks - http://www.UncleNancy.com to hear my
voice. Any help would be appriciated.

I think that your voice has enough of a Chris Cornell quality when pushed that
you might want to investigate what they used on some of the Soundgarden albums.
I enjoyed the songs too.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Steve D

I'm looking for the killer mic preamp for my voice. My style is a
modern rock tenor and I use a Neumann U87ai and an Avalon 737. I'm not
happy with the Avalon. Thanks - http://www.UncleNancy.com to hear my

hello James,
Check out The Audio Technologies TMA-2
www.audiotechnologies.com
great sounding tube pre with tons of HR.

happy holidays
good luck
Steve D
Sound Spa Recording