mikesim

Default ashly XR1001 crossover opinion

Hello,

I've been researching crossovers for my monitoring setup as I'm adding
a sub to my nearfields. Does anyone have an opinion on the ashly
XR1001 ? It seems it may be better sounding than a rane or dbx, It
also has a response control:

Response
This control, found adjacent to the crossover frequency
control, adjusts the damping of the filter affecting
the response shape of the filters at the crossover point (see
drawing). The dial calibrations refer to the amount of attenuation
effected by the filter at the crossover frequency,
i.e., a setting of 3dB means that the filter’s high-pass and
low-pass outputs are each “rolled off 3dB at the crossover
point”. This describes Butterworth filter response, or a
gentle 3dB peak at the crossover point when the two filter
output signals overlap. To obtain a flat signal, or
“Linkowitz-Riley” response through the crossover region,
set the Response control to “6”. This attenuates each output
of the filter by 6dB at the crossover point (two identical
signals added together yield a +6dB increase). To obtain
a notch at the crossover point, turn down the response control past 6
to best suit your needs.

I appreciate any advice-Thanks and have a great day,

Mike
KINGCIGAR

I have the older xr1000 and it's sonic/control/flexibility has served me well
over time.

I use mine in sound reinforcement application, whereas your is in recording
monitoring vein.

Can't speak much about recording with any knowledge.

But I find the Ashly xr100x series good gear for the money.

RKeithBrown
John Halliburton

I'll second that. I have a pair in use and find them fine.

John

mikesim

Hi,

Thanks for the input-got one on ebay, will get it and try it tonite.

Mike