Sanitarium

Default Tweeters in reaview mirror?

15 years ago this was the rage. center channel tweeters mounted to the
back side of the rear view mirror. The idea is to bounce highs off the
windshield to create reverberation and soundstage.

Does anyone still do this?

Back then the challenge was finding a tweeter small enough to fit.
Today that is not as much of a problem with the current small designs.

Curious...
Garrett
scott johnson

Personaly, i've never needed to do that.

a better idea would be to build an enclosure for the mirror outta fiberglass
and cover it in vinyl or cloth to match the interior. then mount a pair of
3.5" mids in the back (or bottom) of it.

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
15 years ago this was the rage. center channel tweeters mounted to the
back side of the rear view mirror. The idea is to bounce highs off the
windshield to create reverberation and soundstage.

Does anyone still do this?

Back then the challenge was finding a tweeter small enough to fit.
Today that is not as much of a problem with the current small designs.

Curious...
Garrett

mayhemkrew

back in 1992 I did this on my car that I used in Sound Offs and DB Drags, it
was nice little feature. I even made them turn on and off with the map
light switches. Who needs lights to read a map? LOL

"scott johnson" wrote in message
Personaly, i've never needed to do that.

a better idea would be to build an enclosure for the mirror outta

fiberglass
and cover it in vinyl or cloth to match the interior. then mount a pair of
3.5" mids in the back (or bottom) of it.

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
15 years ago this was the rage. center channel tweeters mounted to the
back side of the rear view mirror. The idea is to bounce highs off the
windshield to create reverberation and soundstage.

Does anyone still do this?

Back then the challenge was finding a tweeter small enough to fit.
Today that is not as much of a problem with the current small designs.

Curious...
Garrett

Jack in Dallas

If its center fill effect that you want, u need a midrange speaker, not a
tweeter