Analogeezer

Default For Masochists Only - 2" and Matching console

Heh, heh, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...y=15 199&rd=1

WTF is this ****? The description says it was built for Rick Wakeman,
does the gold lame cape convey?

Are those TUBES on the multi-track's circuit cards?

This looks like a science project for people that like to hurt
themselves....

Analogeezer
Charles Thomas

In article ,
(Analogeezer) wrote:

Heh, heh, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=15 199
&rd=1

Ummm... that whole thing just made my head hurt. A lot.

CT
reddred

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...
Heh, heh, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=15 1
99&rd=1

WTF is this ****? The description says it was built for Rick Wakeman,
does the gold lame cape convey?

Are those TUBES on the multi-track's circuit cards?

This looks like a science project for people that like to hurt
themselves....

Analogeezer

I agree with everything you said, but I still want it. That Tindersticks
record sounded absolutely great... too bad the music was annoying.

jb

Pooh Bear

Analogeezer wrote:

Heh, heh, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...y=15 199&rd=1

WTF is this ****? The description says it was built for Rick Wakeman,
does the gold lame cape convey?

Are those TUBES on the multi-track's circuit cards?

Those are definitely *valves* for sure - lol.

This looks like a science project for people that like to hurt
themselves....

What's puzzling me is who made the tape transport. I can think of one possible UK
outfit who went bust but they were into early solid state driven servo motors, so I
can't imagine then using valves. I guess it might have been a retrofit.

Very *retro* now in fact.

Graham

Peter B.

(Analogeezer) wrote in message . com...
Heh, heh, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...y=15 199&rd=1

WTF is this ****? The description says it was built for Rick Wakeman,
does the gold lame cape convey?

Are those TUBES on the multi-track's circuit cards?

This looks like a science project for people that like to hurt
themselves....

Analogeezer

I really really really really want this thing... Really I do. It's
Quad after all! I know it will make a comeback.

Too bad it's in England.

I'm a big sucker for nightmare projects. I think I have more fun
fixing stuff than I do actually using said 'stuff' to record.

So how much would it cost to crate and ship something like this to
Chicago?

Peter
Ted Spencer

So how much would it cost to crate and ship something like this to
Chicago?

Probably 10 to 20 times what it will cost to buy

Ted Spencer, NYC

"No amount of classical training will ever teach you what's so cool about
"Tighten Up" by Archie Bell And The Drells" -author unknown
EganMedia

So how much would it cost to crate and ship something like this to
Chicago?

Probably 10 to 20 times what it will cost to buy

Which will likely be 10 to 20 times what it's worth.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

impedance matching Aaron Brick General 4 November 20th 03 04:48 PM
need help matching instrument level signals Sean Bartholomew Pro Audio 0 October 10th 03 05:39 PM
impedence matching Sergio Dalmazzo-Auckland High End Audio 1 August 27th 03 09:25 PM
Matching ohmage to the ohmage output of your power amp Sugarite Pro Audio 5 August 16th 03 06:20 PM
matching subs to amp Duffman Car Audio 1 July 3rd 03 04:00 PM