GtrPaul

Default opinions:midas venice vs. A&H 2200

any useful thoughts on comparisons between these two consoles? use would be as
a moniter board in project studio (outboard pres in use) and live use. thanks.
Paul Hodes
George Gleason

"GtrPaul" wrote in message
any useful thoughts on comparisons between these two consoles? use would

be as
a moniter board in project studio (outboard pres in use) and live use.

thanks.
Paul Hodes

the midas sounds fantastic
has several issues though
1. aux layout sucks, you can not assing ALL the auxes to either pre or post
at the same time 2 are fixed pre two are fixed post and two are switchable

2.Indvidule phantom switchs require walking around desk and poking around
the input panel

3. some people dislike the 60mm faders

4. the vent hole long the rear top bleed light into the led meters making
them useless at times

5 have heard rumors or early failure of pots and faders

no small mixer sounds better

I will let other address the A&H I have not bought a GL since the GL3 ,
which I was none too fond of.
i have extensive live mixing experiance on all the A&H products and I find
them very usable

also consider the Soundcraft K1 and LX7
George

---

Scott Dorsey

In article ,
GtrPaul wrote:
any useful thoughts on comparisons between these two consoles? use would be as
a moniter board in project studio (outboard pres in use) and live use. thanks.
Paul Hodes

The Venice sounded very good to my ears. I liked the EQ a lot. But those
stubby little faders drove me up the wall.
George Gleason

No experience of the K1, so I won't comment but I've used the LX7 and it's

very
similar in many ways to the Venice. Very practical compact desk.

The lx7 is my favorite do anything small desk
now if you couldd tell me how to add sweepable high pass filter and Q switch
to the 2 mid EQs and a 4x4 matrix would be in heaven
George

---

George Gleason

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
George Gleason wrote:

No experience of the K1, so I won't comment but I've used the LX7 and

it's
very
similar in many ways to the Venice. Very practical compact desk.

The lx7 is my favorite do anything small desk
now if you couldd tell me how to add sweepable high pass filter and Q

switch
to the 2 mid EQs and a 4x4 matrix would be in heaven
George

Actually, George, you may be in luck !

I'm an independent design guy and anything is possible.

I have a few desks in my sights regarding a 'better' option. If I get the
finance, you may see them.

Certainly agree sweep HPF.

Just want 2 Q's on the mids ? Wide and narrow I guess. Q = 0.7 for wide

IMHO (
general purpose ) - maybe Q = 3 for narrow ( notch ).

yes this would be good ,soundcraft
is already doing this on the K2

Tell me more about how you would like the matrix to be.

Just a simple 4x4 passive matrix mixer feed off the subs

the lx7 has 4 subgroups or even make it a 6 x 4 and feed the stereo and
mono busses to the matrix as well
George

---

George

In article ,
Pooh Bear wrote:

George Gleason wrote:

No experience of the K1, so I won't comment but I've used the LX7 and it's

very
similar in many ways to the Venice. Very practical compact desk.

The lx7 is my favorite do anything small desk
now if you couldd tell me how to add sweepable high pass filter and Q switch
to the 2 mid EQs and a 4x4 matrix would be in heaven
George

Actually, George, you may be in luck !

I'm an independent design guy and anything is possible.

I have a few desks in my sights regarding a 'better' option. If I get the
finance, you may see them.

Certainly agree sweep HPF.

Just want 2 Q's on the mids ? Wide and narrow I guess. Q = 0.7 for wide IMHO (
general purpose ) - maybe Q = 3 for narrow ( notch ).

Tell me more about how you would like the matrix to be.

Cheers, Graham

Matrix HAS to feed to XLR outs no 1/4 inch
George
Pooh Bear

George Gleason wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
George Gleason wrote:

[...]

Thanks George, all input is very welcome.

I'm *trying* to come up with a desk that can cover live and recording in the
same format, I know it's tricky - but better IMHO than doing 2 products. I
suspect the recording guys will find new uses for the matrix, given time.

Alternatively, I'll do a 'modular' desk that has the necessary bits for the
application. I.e. pc cards that are / aren't fitted according to use.

Bear with me.

Cheers, Graham

Kurt Albershardt

Pooh Bear wrote:

I'm *trying* to come up with a desk that can cover live and recording in the
same format, I know it's tricky - but better IMHO than doing 2 products.

One of the things I really liked on the Audient Aztec (besides the cool
exoskeleton) was the inclusion of (Tascam pinout) DB25 direct outs.