rodan

Default What's up with Monsoon?

A few days ago I asked for advice on getting pc speakers, and Monsoon was a
strong suggestion. I've read great things about several of their models,
but I'm baffled that I'm not able to find any online merchants who have any
of these in stock. The Monsoon website lists a phone number which is out of
service. Neither of the two companies that I've seen referred to as the
manufacturer (Sonigistix and Level 9 Sound Design) have websites.

What's the scoop? Is this company out of business or something?

Mike Cleaver

Monsoon is (was) a Canadian Company with the product produced in China
I'm pretty sure they are defunct now.
The local drugsuperstore chain was recently heavily discounting the
remaining systens which were not as good as the originals anyway.
The ones to get if you can find them are the original flat panels with
what looks like a double bug screen and the amp/suboofer .
The flat panels are about 9 inches tall with the u shaped heavy wire
stands (can't find the model number, the box is long gone)
These are the ones many studios prefer to check mixes.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:56:40 -0600, "rodan"
wrote:

A few days ago I asked for advice on getting pc speakers, and Monsoon was a
strong suggestion. I've read great things about several of their models,
but I'm baffled that I'm not able to find any online merchants who have any
of these in stock. The Monsoon website lists a phone number which is out of
service. Neither of the two companies that I've seen referred to as the
manufacturer (Sonigistix and Level 9 Sound Design) have websites.

What's the scoop? Is this company out of business or something?

Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Voice-overs, Newscaster, Engineering and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

BrightBoy

Monsoon is (was) a Canadian Company with the product produced in China
I'm pretty sure they are defunct now.

I think you might be slightly mistaken....

Monsoon is a brand name of Delco Electronics which is a division of
the General Motors Corporation....

Many GM vehicles feature the Monsoon line of Delco stereos (Pontiac Grand Am,
Chevrolet Camaro, etc)

Delco Electronics is headquartered in Kokomo, Indiana....

Cheers,

Jeff (GM employee)
William Sommerwerck

Several months ago I needed a cable for my Monsoon system. I called and was sent
a replacement. It didn't work right and a second call was needed to resolve the
issue. (Turned out the instructions were bad and I was using it incorrectly.)

Several weeks later I went to call again and there was no response.

VW's Monsoon Radios Michael Beacom Car Audio 11 March 29th 04 09:49 PM
Monsoon stereo wiring diagram Noise_Freak Car Audio 0 February 14th 04 03:46 PM
Monsoon stereo cd error Pete Car Audio 0 December 18th 03 03:38 PM
Aftermarket cd changer compatable w/ 03/04 VW Beetle Conv and Monsoon Trent Casberg Car Audio 0 August 28th 03 08:24 AM
Eclipse CD8053 to VW Monsoon system? Sam Carleton Car Audio 5 August 7th 03 03:01 PM