Brian

Default Thoughts on RE20 & SM7

Just curious on anyones thoughts. I have used a RE20 on a raspy
vocalist when ld condensors wouldn't work. Good results. However, I
don't own one and I am looking to get one or the other. I will be
using the mic for sax and trumpet as well. I have two C1's, an
AT4060, & 57s as well. Thanks.
Steve Holt

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
Just curious on anyones thoughts. I have used a RE20 on a raspy
vocalist when ld condensors wouldn't work. Good results. However, I
don't own one and I am looking to get one or the other. I will be
using the mic for sax and trumpet as well. I have two C1's, an
AT4060, & 57s as well. Thanks.

If you'd like to use it for sax and trumpet as well as some voices, I'd
definitely take the RE20 over the SM7.
YMMV.

Steve Holt
INNER MUSIC
Music Creation & Production
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/steveholt
http://www.inner-music.com

Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Brian wrote:
Just curious on anyones thoughts. I have used a RE20 on a raspy
vocalist when ld condensors wouldn't work. Good results. However, I
don't own one and I am looking to get one or the other. I will be
using the mic for sax and trumpet as well. I have two C1's, an
AT4060, & 57s as well. Thanks.

They are both wonderful mikes and worth having. Look around on the used
market and get whichever one you can get a good deal on, because sooner or
later you're going to want to be getting the other one anyway.
Caddell M

I have a pair of RE-20's & use them frequently on sax and certain vocals.

Mark Caddell
chetatkinsdiet

I'm sure it's been gone over here many times, but the RE20 is great on
kick drum, bass cabs, guitar amps, some vocalists, some
horns....really just about anything you're recording it's worth a shot
to see if you like it.
The SM7 might not be as versatile as the RE20, but it's just
different. Some vocalists sound great through it as do some
instruments. Both are well worth the investment and both are mics
that you'll never, ever outgrow. You will use them both until the day
when you hang up the headphones for the last time.
later,