Brendan Thompson

Default Cool Edit - Spectral display vertical scale

The vertical scale on the spectral display in CEP2.0 is linear... i've
searched and searched but can't find an option to set this to a linear
display. Any idea if there's an option for this? If not... are there any
freeware programs that can do this?

Ben Bradley

In rec.audio.pro, "Brendan Thompson" wrote:

The vertical scale on the spectral display in CEP2.0 is linear... i've

Do you mean logaritmic (linear db's)? I'm looking at CE2000, and
the vertical scale appears to be logarithmic only. The horizontal
(frequency) scale has a checkmark for Linear View, but not the
vertica.

searched and searched but can't find an option to set this to a linear
display. Any idea if there's an option for this? If not... are there any
freeware programs that can do this?

I'm sure there are. The FFT output is naturally linear (both
amplitude and frequency), and ISTR displays that do both (linear and
log for both amplituide and frequency), such as perhaps the old
Goldwave shareware editor.
-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ricky W. Hunt

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message
display. Any idea if there's an option for this? If not... are there any
freeware programs that can do this?

I'm sure there are.

Cool Edit is the only one I know of that lets you actually work on the
spectral data directly. This is such a no-brainer and huge help I don't why
it's not the standard in every program.