Sergio Fucchi

Default Sony FeCr tape cassettes.

I would to buy this old tape cassettes because they are the best
for my Sony TC-158SD portable recorder, but I do not know
where I can do it: do someone help me?

Thanks!

Sergio Fucchi
Macerata
Italy.

David Satz

Sergio Fucchi wrote:

I would to buy this old tape cassettes because they are the best
for my Sony TC-158SD portable recorder, but I do not know
where I can do it: do someone help me?

Hello, Sergio--I used a TC-158SD for documentary recording in the mid-
1970s. That was a very nice machine. I still have it ... somewhere.
I also used its predecessor (TC-152SD or 153SD?).

To the best of my knowledge, Sony stopped making FeCr ("type III") tape
about 15+ years ago. This type of type is simply not available any more.

Did the model 158 not support metal type (type IV)? If not, then your
best choice now would be a good type II tape--but I suspect that the deck
will need to be reset so that the recording level is correct with respect
to playback. With tapes of today, the Dolby circuit in the deck might
not track correctly, because a tone which you record at, say, -4 dB might
play back at 0 dB.
Scott Dorsey

Sergio Fucchi wrote:
I would to buy this old tape cassettes because they are the best
for my Sony TC-158SD portable recorder, but I do not know
where I can do it: do someone help me?

No FeCr formulations have been made for nearly twenty years.
Use a chrome tape and get the machine set up properly for the type
of tape you are using.

newbie question, tape player to transfer voice recordings from tape to CD George General 1 July 27th 04 02:44 AM
Sony Digital Amps (and SACD) vs. Sony Analog Amps banspeakerports High End Audio 0 February 8th 04 06:18 PM
Old Sony tape deck constant turning tape over Peter Doherty Car Audio 3 October 8th 03 06:21 AM
Tape Problem Geoley Pro Audio 4 August 9th 03 07:45 PM
Any opinions on the Sony TC-K909ES tape deck? Arnold Holbrook Audio Opinions 0 July 28th 03 01:24 AM