Willie K.Yee, M.D.

Default Worst Album Covers Ever

For all of you who are into production values:

http://www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000302.html

There is some serious competition for the bottom here.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

Rick Powell

tttttttttttttt (Willie K.Yee, M.D.) wrote in message ...
For all of you who are into production values:

http://www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000302.html

There is some serious competition for the bottom here.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

I almost forgot about that "Orleans" LP cover. IIRC, wasn't there a
slew of "semi-naked man" LP covers in the mid to late 70's?

And what about Grand Funk's "E Pluribus Funk"? That had to be one of
the tackiest.

RP
Mike Rivers

In article wkyeeATbestwebDOTnet writes:

There is some serious competition for the bottom here.

Curious bits of history. These days I doubt anyone cares, or even
thinks aboout album covers any more. How many people who download
self-produced CDs download the artwork that the artist has worked hard
at producing?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Mike Rivers

In article wkyeeATbestwebDOTnet writes:

Well, I care. On the few self-produced CDs I have made for friends, I
probably spent as much time on the packaging as I did on the audio
production.

Good for you. I hope they appreciated it. As I get older, I long for
the larger jackets with their larger print. When someone does go to
the trouble of making up an informative booklet to go with a CD, I
find that it's not only hard for me to read, but that it's also hard
to hold, and easy to lose if I don't store it right back in the CD
case.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

dt king

writes:

Well, I care. On the few self-produced CDs I have made for friends, I
probably spent as much time on the packaging as I did on the audio
production.

Good for you. I hope they appreciated it. As I get older, I long for
the larger jackets with their larger print. When someone does go to
the trouble of making up an informative booklet to go with a CD, I
find that it's not only hard for me to read, but that it's also hard
to hold, and easy to lose if I don't store it right back in the CD
case.

If I send you a CD, I promise to hot glue the case to a big square poster
board with art and info printed on the other side.

dtk

Paul Gitlitz

Well, I care. On the few self-produced CDs I have made for friends, I
probably spent as much time on the packaging as I did on the audio
production.

I figure this is a good idea. I embarrassingly still haven't made a CD
of my own stuff, but do have a book of tunes I've composed. I went for
a nicer cover than most folks self producing books of tunes of this
genre. The comments have all been positives. The link is below.

http://www.glitchless.net/product.html

By the way I got a good laugh out of most of the covers I kinda dig "
the "12 Top Hits" one.
LeBaron & Alrich

Rick Powell wrote:

IIRC, wasn't there a
slew of "semi-naked man" LP covers in the mid to late 70's?

Prince's first LP...

--
ha
Kalle L.

My goodness, those just totally cracked me up!! )

....and I thought that I had already come across the worst ones during my
trips to used record shops for the past 25 years...

regards, Kalle

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." wrote in message
For all of you who are into production values:

http://www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000302.html

There is some serious competition for the bottom here.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band

http://www.bigbluebigband.org

Patric D'Eimon

with unquestioned accuracy of thought, Kalle L. replied:

My goodness, those just totally cracked me up!! )

...and I thought that I had already come across the worst ones during my
trips to used record shops for the past 25 years...

regards, Kalle

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." wrote in message
For all of you who are into production values:

http://www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000302.html

There is some serious competition for the bottom here.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band

http://www.bigbluebigband.org

I think "12 Great Hits" is just perfect. It looks bad now but for the time
it looks perfect. Lot's of energy. It's exactly what white American Rock
and Roll was selling. All the others are amazingly bad. What is going on
with the 16th birthday? Is that the Midwestern Bachelor that she has been
promised to for the 10 Acres he traded to her father when she was born?
Spooky. Patric

umbriaco

So many bad covers.. so little time!

www.showandtellmusic.com

umbriaco

Smell the Glove

Paul Gitlitz

I love this cover, I want to hear this band especially the fiddle!

http://www.showandtellmusic.com/page...a/halotis.html

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:44:12 GMT, umbriaco
wrote:

So many bad covers.. so little time!

www.showandtellmusic.com

Justin Ulysses Morse

Patric D'Eimon wrote:

I think "12 Great Hits" is just perfect. It looks bad now but for the time
it looks perfect. Lot's of energy. It's exactly what white American Rock
and Roll was selling. All the others are amazingly bad. What is going on
with the 16th birthday? Is that the Midwestern Bachelor that she has been
promised to for the 10 Acres he traded to her father when she was born?
Spooky. Patric

Check out the 2nd page of these, there's a link a the bottom of the 1st
page. Man0war is pretty gross, but my favorite is "The Braillettes."

ulysses

P Stamler

Nothing, for me, matches the Lovin' Spoonful's Zalman Yanovsky's "Alive and
Well in Argentine" solo album for just plain stupidity.

God, I thought I was the only person dumb enought to buy that. Urgh. "Lt.
Schtinkhausen"...

Peace,
Paul

P Stamler

Somehow they missed "Mom's Apple Pie". Anyone remember that one?

Peace,
Paul

Album covers. Al. High End Audio 4 April 6th 04 09:12 PM
Best and Worst in search of the holy grail? cwvalle Audio Opinions 146 January 17th 04 11:50 PM
Best and worst weeks of rock MINe 109 Audio Opinions 6 December 21st 03 01:55 PM
What was the first Gold album where CD sales surpassed LP sales? Scott Gardner Audio Opinions 6 November 14th 03 09:32 AM
Non-Classical Album of the Year Harry Lavo High End Audio 6 September 2nd 03 05:59 AM