Brian Huether

Default Silencing a PC with Overclocking in Mind?

Been doing quite a bit of research on this. I am not looking to buy a silent
PC from a vendor. I want to use my current computer and overclock it and
silence it. Seems that the overclocking would point me towards a liquid
cooled system. I suspect the fanless Zalman coolers would not be enough. Is
that true? I have an Athlon XP 1900 for what it is worth. Perhaps at that
speed the Zalman would be ok for overclocking?

I came across a site called www.koolance.com They make cases with the liquid
cooler for pretty good prices. In fact if you look at www.liquiddaw.com it
appears they are using the same cooler that koolance uses.

Just wondering what people have had success with before I order stuff. Man I
would love to just go with an Enermax PSU, a Zalman cooler, and be done with
it. But my desire to overclock seems to be the major factor...

Also, I am not looking at an anal-retentive degree of silencing. Just
something pretty damn good.

thanks in advance,

-brian

Mike

"Brian Huether" wrote in
:

[...]

At current Athlon XP prices, would it not be cheaper to go with a faster
CPU & use the Zalman?
Brian Huether

Good point! It is easy to take for granted how cheap "outdated" cpus can be,
and I certainly don't need the fastest thing out there.

-brian

"Mike" wrote in message
"Brian Huether" wrote in
:

[...]

willow

Brian,
Send Scott an e-mail (www.liquiddaw.com) he will send you in the right
direction concerning performance and low noise specs...I know he would just
give you the advice for free...
-Nick

"Brian Huether" wrote in message
Good point! It is easy to take for granted how cheap "outdated" cpus can

be,
and I certainly don't need the fastest thing out there.

-brian

"Mike" wrote in message
"Brian Huether" wrote in
:

[...]

Georgia On My Mind... Schizoid Man Audio Opinions 4 January 31st 04 01:41 AM
Audio thread (former "food for mind") Lionel Audio Opinions 1 January 29th 04 12:56 PM
Food for mind Lionel Audio Opinions 0 January 27th 04 10:35 PM
VCR dies and replacement needed dave weil Audio Opinions 33 November 29th 03 04:46 PM
Thinking about Ensoniq DP/4's...Have I lost my mind? Analogeezer Pro Audio 7 August 14th 03 08:19 PM