mcp6453

Default My ears actually work

There is a song that was a regional hit in Virigina and the Carolinas
back in the late 60s called "If I Didn't Have A Dime" by Ron Moody and
the Centaurs. After the song disappeared from the scene, it was
infrequently played as an oldie. There was, however, something about the
song that just grabbed my attention for years. In particular, it had
snare drum and horn sounds that belied the recordings of that era.

Recently I had the occasion to spend a few hours with Ron. During the
conversation, I thought to ask him about the recording of the song. Long
story short, the engineer was George Massenburg.

Mike