Analogeezer

Default Did anybody use 1176's/LA-2A's, etc. for Live Sound - Back in "the Day"

I'm just kind of curious if back in the 1970's if high end acts (e.g.
Stones, Bowie) used studio processing gear for livesound back then...

When I started playing out a lot live, it was more typical to see
Ashly and Dbx stuff in live racks...I don't recall ever seeing an 1176
but then again back then I probably wouldn't have know what it was
anyway.

Analogeezer
Jeff Goodman

I'm pretty sure the Grateful Dead used both in their live rig back then.

Jeff

(Analogeezer) wrote in message . com...
I'm just kind of curious if back in the 1970's if high end acts (e.g.
Stones, Bowie) used studio processing gear for livesound back then...

Analogeezer

Bryson

I remember seeng lots of LA4s in live rigs back then.
kieran kelly

I saw King Crimson using LA-2As on there "Thrak " tour
LeBaron & Alrich

Analogeezer wrote:

I'm just kind of curious if back in the 1970's if high end acts (e.g.
Stones, Bowie) used studio processing gear for livesound back then...

When I started playing out a lot live, it was more typical to see
Ashly and Dbx stuff in live racks...I don't recall ever seeing an 1176
but then again back then I probably wouldn't have know what it was
anyway.

There was a UREI 1176LN (blackface) at FOH in Armadillo World
Headquarters.

--
ha