Frank Tombe

Default [OT] Searching a programm

Hi,

i´m looking for a program that records audio data (for example mic,
line-in, wav) and then applies some vst plugins and immediately puts
it on one the soundcard. Is there an application that can do this for
me?

Thanks in advance..
Tommi

"Frank Tombe" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

i´m looking for a program that records audio data (for example mic,
line-in, wav) and then applies some vst plugins and immediately puts
it on one the soundcard. Is there an application that can do this for
me?

Umm...first of all, you should make sure that your soundcard is a
full-duplex -card, so that you can record and monitor at the same time.
There are many applications that can do what you want, but you have to
remember that nothing happens instantly, meaning that the track that goes
through the processing is slightly delayed.

Tommi

Programs that you're looking for could be so-called sequencers, such as
Logic Audio, Cubase, Pro Tools etc. However, I suggest you do some reading
about PC recording before you do anything.

aJax

Any sequencer will do it or
http://www.spinaudio.com/products_asiofxproc.html has a standalone app but
in either case you'll need decent ASIO drivers to get low latency and make
it worth doing.

"Frank Tombe" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

i´m looking for a program that records audio data (for example mic,
line-in, wav) and then applies some vst plugins and immediately puts
it on one the soundcard. Is there an application that can do this for
me?

Thanks in advance..

S O'Neill

Audio Hijack will intercept the digital output stream from any program, and it
can apply plugins as well (and copy it to a file while it's playing out the
speakers, etc etc). What program to intercept? Well, the same folks have a
freeware called "Line in" that takes any audio input and copies it to any output.

I've used this to listen to the outside night sounds while applying SoundSoap
(noise reduction) in real time.

Runs great on OSX: www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack