Mike Sims

Default Split Tubing under the hood?

I bought a two amp install kit last night. It has the distro block, and
a 100 amp in line fuse. Two problems:

The 100 amp fuse block was too large to locate within 12" of the
battery. I had to mount it at the rear of the engine compartment. Id
this going to be a huge problem?

Also, they did not provide the plastic split tubing for the 4 gauge
wire. Although the instructions seem to imply that it is supposed to be
in the kit. The wire insulation is really thick. Is the split tubing
really necessary?

Here are pics:

http://www.mikesims.com/nissanstereo/IMG_3351.JPG
http://www.mikesims.com/nissanstereo/IMG_3352.JPG
lbridges

I think you're OK on both accounts.

The split tubing is a dress up for gathering multiple cables , sometimes
as a bit of heat shield, and definitely helpful in any place where the
cable might rub (to protect the insulation). Along those lines, the
fuse should be as close as possible to the battery to prevent a fire in
case the cable shorts. You have to look at any place on your vehicle
where rubbing or pinching could occur between the battery and the fuse,
then either if looks bad get some tubing, use some sort of grommet, or
??? depending.
--
lbridges
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!