JohanWagener

Default using speaker output & rca

If you connect an amp to the RCA out of your car radio then you can still
connect 4 speakers to your speaker out? is that correct? what do I need
(amps; crossovers) to make a basic system with 2 tweeters; 2 midranges; and
2 woofers. Will the speakers be able to produce most of the frequency
spectrum needed to produce good sound? What else do I need?

Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"JohanWagener" wrote:

If you connect an amp to the RCA out of your car radio then you can still
connect 4 speakers to your speaker out? is that correct?

Yes.

what do I need
(amps; crossovers) to make a basic system with 2 tweeters; 2 midranges; and
2 woofers. Will the speakers be able to produce most of the frequency
spectrum needed to produce good sound? What else do I need?

At the basic end - a two channel amp and two 3-way speakers. A little
higher up - a two channel amp and two component sets of speakers with
their included crossover. Fancy - an electronic low/high frequency
crossover, a two channel high power amp driving a pair of woofers, and a
two channel medium power amp driving two component midrange/tweeter sets
with their included crossovers. More fancy - Add another electronic
crossover, another high power amp, and a subwoofer.

It all depends on money, available space, and number of speaker holes.