-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default speaker baffles

i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain some bass
output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers. well it turn out that
they sound cleaner and less muddy but bass is hella weak now. they used to
vibrate the whole door panels which i thought was annoying because it took
away from the SQ. i have two infinity reference 10" in a sealed (0.75ft3 per
sub) encl. so needless to say i dont notice the bass has disappeared unless
i turn down the subs. but lower midrage freqs are not as pronounced as they
should be (in the 5 1/4s) should i try to fit 6.5"s in there. i like to have
some bass in the cabin because the subs are 'muffled' by the rear seats (non
fold down). i just am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. overall
it is an improvement in the SQ but bass is just less boomy.

any comments, experiences with using baffles? what was the result?

Sanitarium

I was wondering the same thing about those XTC and other baffles. I
think they behave like a *very* small enclosure volume behind the
midbass speaker. I think some people cut small holes in the bottom of
the baffle to open up the volume a little. Be careful though, you dont
want to get rain water inside the baffle.

Garrett

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

[...]

Mark Zarella

i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain some bass
output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers.

That's not what they're used for.

Soundfreak03

so sorry for my deep misunderstanding. **** you.

Im sorry your such a ****ing retard. Why the hell do you even keep posting? It
is obvious that you are just some ignorant teenage punk who does not know
anything about Car audio. Hell you probably do not even own a car!!!!
Oh and when you reply with your ignorant talk try and write it in English, I am
not good at speaking your native language of dumbass. Thanks Have a nice day.

Les
Sam Carleton

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 at 14:41 GMT, Mark Zarella wrote:

i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain
some bass output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers.

That's not what they're used for.

Mark, Consideirng you where to quick to point out what they are not
used for, would you mind enlighting folks as to what they ARE used
for?

Sam

Mark Zarella

so sorry for my deep misunderstanding. **** you.

Listen up, imbecile. Since you're essentially making an attempt to destroy
your car (because you demonstrably don't know what you're doing - as we can
tell from your most recent posts), I thought I'd clue you into something you
obviously didn't know. It's not my fault that you're such a moron that
you've decided to try to fix your problems the wrong friggin way. So don't
lash out at me. Lash out at your own ass for being so damned stupid.
You're incredibly ignorant and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
Grab a gun and go kill yourself. Don't wait. It won't pass.

Mark Zarella

i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain
some bass output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers.

That's not what they're used for.

Mark, Consideirng you where to quick to point out what they are not
used for, would you mind enlighting folks as to what they ARE used
for?

In short, weatherproofing. It says right on the package.

Mark Zarella

i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain some
bass
output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers.

That's not what they're used for.

Then what are they used for? I tried putting Brown Bread on the back
of my rainguard for a par of 6.5 Excelon's and it DESTROYED the output
of the speaker. After I took it off it was fine (except for tar on the
back hehe). I don't know what would happen with foam baffles.

Exactly. They're not used to improve bass response.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

obviously a lessson learned. **** you need to get that dick out ya ass.

If you all are real car audio heads lighten the **** up and be more
constructive than "you are wrong" there are plenty other people here like me
that are trying to learn and help other people.

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
i just installed some foam speaker baffles thinking i would gain some

bass
output on a set of 5 1/4" two way pioneer speakers.

That's not what they're used for.

Then what are they used for? I tried putting Brown Bread on the back
of my rainguard for a par of 6.5 Excelon's and it DESTROYED the output
of the speaker. After I took it off it was fine (except for tar on the
back hehe). I don't know what would happen with foam baffles.

Exactly. They're not used to improve bass response.

Soundfreak03

Just for your information the packaging that came with the baffles said
that they increase bass output. obviously this was not true. that is the only

reason why i thought that .it might help. i know they are only good
for weatherproofing, but i thought i would give them a try. if you read
my post correctly the first time, i was not asking what they are used
for, i was asking if anyone else had experiences using baffles. Mark
you seem like a smart fella so try reading before you decide to spout
off ya mouth to me. You insulting my intelligence only goes to show how
immature you really are. you provide a response like you did are you
expecting to get thanks? I dont know why you waste your time. At least
you got yor little gang of wannabe internet thugs that got your back...
soundfreak03, yea tell him to get off ya nuts.

I wasnst backing Mark up at all. Your just an idiot, and since your an idiot I
am gonna call you on it. This isnt no "wannabe internet thugs". You are just a
novice that thinks he knows alot, but in reality you have just enough knowledge
to be dangerous. I think people are getting sick of your "gangsta" typing and
your infinite lack of knowledge. So stick to subjects that you have some
knowledge on or just shut the hell up. Now go back to reading your car
magazines trying to learn something, even though what your doing is clearly not
working.
And by the way, I post my name at the bottom of every post so if your want to
refer to me then use it dumbass.

Les

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

I aint trying to make a ****in problem in here but you need to relax. Damn
all yall who think you know some **** are somethin sensitive. You can act as
smart as you want on the internet runnin you mouths and ****. Unless you got
some constructive **** to say, dont bother replaying to anything that you
cant help with. I aint go around telling people they ****ing ignorant stupid
and dumb and ****. you aint gettin no respect from anyone unless you ****ing
prove that you is above that little drama ****. I aint know why im wastin my
time....

Really yall just need to lighten the **** up. Put this ****in little beef
you all got with me to sleep before the monster wakes the **** up. You
wouldnt like me when I'm angry.

EFFENDI

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
[...]

Soundfreak03

I aint trying to make a ****in problem in here but you need to relax. Damn
all yall who think you know some **** are somethin sensitive

Not senstive, I for one just do not like idiots spouting misinformation and not
thinking before you post, And you seem to do that alot.

You can act as
smart as you want on the internet runnin you mouths and ****. Unless you got
some constructive **** to say, dont bother replaying to anything that you
cant help with.

It is not an act, nor is your stupidity an act. I think you just annoy people,
whether you do it intentionally or not I dont know. As far as something
constructive then take your own advice. Posting stupid suggestions and
misinformation is not constructive.

I aint go around telling people they ****ing ignorant stupid
and dumb and ****.

You are ignorant, that in and of itself is not a bad thing. And you have proved
that you are stupid. You get told that your wrong and then try and argue with
it, when you are clearly wrong. That is the mark of a stupid man.

ou aint gettin no respect from anyone unless you ****ing
prove that you is above that little drama ****. I aint know why im wastin my
time....

I do not need nor want your respect so I dont care. I have been posting here
for quite a while and when the topic goes to somewhere I dont know then I
either dont reply or ask questions to help further my knowledge, but I do not
argue with people that clearly know thier ****, which you do.
So dont waste your time, but if you post **** I am gonna call you on it.

Really yall just need to lighten the **** up. Put this ****in little beef
you all got with me to sleep before the monster wakes the **** up. You
wouldnt like me when I'm angry.

HAHAHAHA, This really has me laughing. I better be careful not to wake up
monster!
Wake up little monster, its time to get up and go to school. I dont care what
wakes up or who, The "beef" I have is smartass punks who DO NOT have the
knowledge to back up thier posts, and then start arguing about it, And you fit
that bill perfectly. So post whatever you want but when you get BS called on
you dont cry about it. Oh and by the way, English is the preffered language
here. About half the stuff you even say does not make sense and I haven't found
the program that can translate Dumbass yet. Anyone got a link for that?

Les
Mark Zarella

I aint trying to make a ****in problem in here but you need to relax. Damn
all yall who think you know some **** are somethin sensitive. You can act

as
smart as you want on the internet runnin you mouths and ****. Unless you

got
some constructive **** to say, dont bother replaying to anything that you
cant help with. I aint go around telling people they ****ing ignorant

stupid
and dumb and ****. you aint gettin no respect from anyone unless you

****ing
prove that you is above that little drama ****.

I simply told you what you were doing wouldn't work because that's not what
they're used for. That's supposed to be an insult? Who's the one that
needs to relax? You're completely off your rocker.

I aint know why im wastin my
time....

Yeah, I don't know why you waste your time either. Go away.

Really yall just need to lighten the **** up. Put this ****in little beef
you all got with me to sleep before the monster wakes the **** up. You
wouldnt like me when I'm angry.

I don't like you anyway.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

I aint being ignored! Look at all you who are replying! You guys actually do
give a **** what I say because you are going to extreme lengths to try to
call me on some **** that you all started. One '**** you' and someone takes
it to the heart. Lighten the hell up. Damn, callin me out on the same ****
that im callin you on. Now that is something ignorant. I think anyone who
wastes their time with me is just as ignorant/stupid/dumb as they say i am,
if not more for not squashing this playground squabble ****. Im above this.
i dont know how many times ive said it you all think you a ****in got
hierarchy and **** and you need to grow up. I need to pay dues before I
enter? I been reading this newsgroup for over three years. I know who you
fellas are and you have never grown up. Even with the knowledge you claim to
have you are not putting it to good use by trying to prove that I dont know
****. I aint never goin away so put up or shutup.

EFFENDI

"Sam Carleton" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 at 06:24 GMT, -E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

I aint trying to make a ****in problem in here but you need to
relax. Damn all yall who think you know some **** are somethin
sensitive. You can act as smart as you want on the internet runnin
you mouths and ****. Unless you got some constructive **** to say,
dont bother replaying to anything that you cant help with. I aint
go around telling people they ****ing ignorant stupid and dumb and
****. you aint gettin no respect from anyone unless you ****ing
prove that you is above that little drama ****. I aint know why im
wastin my time....

Really yall just need to lighten the **** up. Put this ****in
little beef you all got with me to sleep before the monster wakes
the **** up. You wouldnt like me when I'm angry.

When I read the posting above, I came to the conclusion that the
poster was both very immature and ignorant. For those of you that
seem to believe that the above posting is an effective way to
communicate, please allow me to affirm the fact that it is not. If
you desire folks to actually consider what you have to say, you
should communicate in a civil manor. For if you don't those that
are civilized will not welcome you into our ranks. On the other
hand, if you enjoy being an outcast, please don't blame us for when
you are ignored, it is your own actions that have put you where you
are today.

Sam

Sam Carleton

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 at 17:57 GMT, -E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

I aint being ignored! Look at all you who are replying! You guys
actually do give a **** what I say because you are going to
extreme lengths to try to call me on some **** that you all
started.

This is where you are mistaken, at least on my part. I don't have a
clue as to what you have posted on this subject. Considering how
you post, I don't care to know what you have posted on this topic.
I will ignore any and all advice that you put forth in the future
because of the vulgarity of your posts.

Why do I waste my time on you? I like to be reminded of where I do
NOT want to go!

Sam
defecto

LOL!

This idiot resorted to html just to emphasize the word "smart".

Kind of ironic, it seems.

Mark Zarella

Mark I knew thats what they werent used for. The point was that the
manufacturere claimed that they improved bass response. I thought I would
try them

Then obviously you didn't know after all.

and they didnt help obviously. Why did I go off on you? Maybe it
wasnt the best way to respond, but damn get over it. You sure gone to a

lot
of trouble to prove that i was "wrong". When really all this time you were
just wasting your time proving nothing.

I haven't been "proving" anything. If I wanted to "prove you wrong", I'd
have picked any of your other posts to do it.

Mark Zarella

I aint being ignored! Look at all you who are replying! You guys actually
do
give a **** what I say

Nah. I just really dig ridiculing you.

Soundfreak03

Sam I dont know why you got involved. this aint have nothin to do with you.
go ahead and ignore this. **** YOU

UhOh Sam, you better run, I think this guy likes you. I mean he does want to
**** you. I Think you may have woke up the monster. We all better leave him
alone guys he and his homies might come and get us
EFFENDI, Give it up man. You have proven yourself to be a fool, now before you
make yourself look worse just stop, your embarrassing yourself. Or not you are
good for a laugh HAHA.

Sam Carleton

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 at 06:18 GMT, Soundfreak03 wrote:

Sam I dont know why you got involved. this aint have nothin to do
with you. go ahead and ignore this. **** YOU

UhOh Sam, you better run, I think this guy likes you. I mean he
does want to **** you. I Think you may have woke up the monster.
We all better leave him alone guys he and his homies might come
and get us

When I saw his posts, I was wondering if there way any way to reply,
but think you nailed it. I am running the other way, and FAST!

EFFENDI, Give it up man. You have proven yourself to be a fool, now before you
make yourself look worse just stop, your embarrassing yourself. Or not you are
good for a laugh HAHA.

Again, right now the money!

Sam