Paul Vina

Default RF HX2 Vs KAPPA PERFECT 12.1D, which is better??

What are you looking for your sub to do? That's like asking which is better
between a minivan and a sports car. They're different and depending on what
you need, one may be better suited to do the job.

Paul Vina

"rm" wrote in message
Which sub is better, Rockford Fosgate PUNCH HX2 or Kappa PERFECT 12.1D?

rm

Good SQ and SPL naturally...i want something hard hitting that will give me
some really nice lows as I like to listen to a lot of slow R & B songs such
as musiq soulchild, r kelly etc... I'd also like something with some nice
punch to it, enough to feel it in my chest if i choose to play it that way.

"rm" wrote in message
Which sub is better, Rockford Fosgate PUNCH HX2 or Kappa PERFECT 12.1D?

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

out of straight personal preference. id go wit the infinitys. they get deep
and hit hard. but the hx2 is a dope sub as well. it comes down to the
enclosure. (infinitys are great in sealed) and styling. what sounds better
to you? go wit that

"rm" wrote in message
Which sub is better, Rockford Fosgate PUNCH HX2 or Kappa PERFECT

12.1D?

Paul Vina

For the music you listen to, I'd run the RF's in a ported box. AS much as
you may not want to hear it, a SQ sub with R&B won't have enough punch and
R&B isn't generally recorded worth a crap anyway. A ported box tuned to the
upper 40's to low 50's would be great for you and give you a crapload of
output.

Paul Vina

"rm" wrote in message
k, thanks
. ..

"rm" wrote in message
Which sub is better, Rockford Fosgate PUNCH HX2 or Kappa PERFECT

12.1D?

twest

Really? What R&B are you listening to? What music generally is recorded
worth a crap?

R&B recordings typically feature full bands, sometimes even orchestras.
Music that demands a flat system to be reproduced accurately. A classic
example would be anything by Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra which is
sure to enjoy a brief resurgence in popularity since his death yesterday.
Me thinks you confuse electronically generated pop with R&B. Fitty Cent
(When's that boy gonna be a dollar?) aint R&B.

But, I digress. I couldn't disagree more with your assertion that "a (sic)
SQ sub with R&B won't have enough punch..." A sufficiently powered sub in a
sealed enclosure is the only way to really hear the bass on the recording as
it was meant to be heard. Personal taste aside, the only real benefit to a
ported enclosure is increased bass in a specific band to compensate for an
amp that can't push hard across a flat frequency range. Besides, "punch" is
more a function of mids and woofers than subwoofers.