jason

Default firewire 410 - no sound at all, please help

i can't even play an mp3 from my XP computer.
Drivers are all installed properly, the firewire 410 control panel is
set up with the defaults. Could the prob. be in sounds & audio device
properties in XP? ie, what device do I set for default audio & voice?

410 S/PDIF
410 1/2
410 3/4
410 5/6
410 7/8
410 MULTI

I see the above options but am not sure what to set it to. As I said,
everything checks out properly but i get no sound out of the unit
(which is on) thru my headphones

TY anyone who can help
Jason Shohet
Thomas Bishop

"jason" wrote in message
i can't even play an mp3 from my XP computer.
Drivers are all installed properly, the firewire 410 control panel is
set up with the defaults. Could the prob. be in sounds & audio device
properties in XP? ie, what device do I set for default audio & voice?

It depends on what you're using to output. If you're using S/PDIF then
select that one. If you're using 1/2 select that one. Try them all if you
have to; you'll get some of that sound stuff. Start with 410 MULTI

jason

Figured out the problem.
The firewire port is on my ATI graphics card. Apparently not enough
throughput there -- sound was crackly if anything etc.

I put another firewire port that connected right to the mobo, and it
the firewire410 works like a charm.

So be careful everyone, ATI's cards' firewire ports are cr*p.