Peter Larsen

Default do spaced cardioids work ?

ScotFraser wrote:

first the reply to whether spaced cardiods work: yes, you will
have a hole in the middle a hollywood action movie can pass through, but
God inspired someone to invent pan pots to address that issue.

With attendant lack of coherent stereo image & phase anomalies.

I generally stop being a purist when I am there and have to get the job
done with the available equipment. As I said, I don't _recommend_ it,
but I have gotten away with it for accompanying organ at a couple of
occasions.

Scott Fraser

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

ScotFraser

I generally stop being a purist when I am there and have to get the job
done with the available equipment. As I said, I don't _recommend_ it,
but I have gotten away with it for accompanying organ at a couple of
occasions.

Agreed. I stopped being a purist about everything some long time ago, but
still, I would think of spaced distant cardioids as among my last resort
options for this scenario.

Scott Fraser