Chris Huey

Default Soundscards just to get a metronome playback

I'm running Sonar 3 on a win2000 system with an M Audio Omni (delta
66) soundcard. I recently upgraded my system, and the new motherboard
I have does not allow me to use my Awe 64 Gold (soundblaster). The
only reason I used that soundcard was to get the simple metronome for
playback while recording. However, since upgrading, I have been using
a Soundmax piece of crap that will not allow me to separate MIDI
playback from WAV (the way my old soundblaster used to), so I cannot
use it for just playing back one note while my M Audio card is
running. I contacted the company, and they told me what I was asking
for isn't possible on that card. So, I bought another soundblaster
piece of crap, thinking it would be possible to set it up for only
MIDI. Still the same problem, everytime I try and turn off the wav
playback, the midi playback goes off automatically. In Sonar, I can
either have the midi playing back or audio playing back, not both at
the same time. All I'm trying to do is get one soundcard to trigger
midi, and my M Audio to record/playback. Does anyone have any
advice/experience with this? I'd really appreciate a little
assistance, and if I'm too vague I can post more about what actions
I've tried. Thanks in advance.

-Chris Huey )

Line pre-amp for CD playback Nx Pro Audio 1 November 1st 03 01:34 PM
Digidesign mbox effects playback? Ryan Pro Audio 2 September 15th 03 05:01 PM
Korg D1600 CD Playback Em Pro Audio 0 August 27th 03 03:57 PM
playback problem with logic audio Christof Helfrich Pro Audio 0 August 8th 03 04:27 PM
Looking for signal processing software for playback Ge0 Pro Audio 0 August 2nd 03 05:03 PM