Buster Mudd

Default Studio Monitor Stands

tferrell wrote in message ...
Shoppimg for some monitor stands for my HR824s. Despite an exhaustive
search...all google roads seem to lead to either Raxxess or Ultimate
Support. The marketing copy looks great and the .jpgs are oh so crisp.
Nevertheless, pretty tough to evaluate build quality. Anyone have
expereience with either of these and can anyone suggest alternatives as
well as a source for purchase? As always, all suggestions/guidance much
appreciated.

I've had Raxxess ERSS stands for 5 years or so, they work fine. Filled
them with sand, so they're a bitch to move, but they do the job.

In my experience there's not a lot of middle ground for speaker
stands: they either work well or they don't. If they don't work well,
there's no point determining how not well they work, and if they do
work well it's a bit obsessive to try & determine whether another
stand works well-er.

I chose the Raxxess because they worked well...and they were in stock.
Chris Seifert

Tim,
I had the Ultimate stands in my studio and they worked great with both
Mackie HR824's and KRK V8's. I moved recently and they are no longer
needed in my new studio space so if you are interested in them I'd be
willing to sell them for a fair price.

By the way are you in Cols OH? I just moved from there this past
august.
Anyway email me directly if you are interested in the stands. Wheteher
you get mine or not they are great and I think Sam Ash on Morse Rd
ordered mine in for me - took a couple weeks but they got them.

Best,
Chris
wavetrap

tferrell wrote in message ...
Shoppimg for some monitor stands for my HR824s. Despite an exhaustive
search...all google roads seem to lead to either Raxxess or Ultimate
Support. The marketing copy looks great and the .jpgs are oh so crisp.
Nevertheless, pretty tough to evaluate build quality. Anyone have
expereience with either of these and can anyone suggest alternatives as
well as a source for purchase? As always, all suggestions/guidance much
appreciated.

Growing weary of the milk crates, bar stools and tape measure...

Tim