Brian Takei

Default Kontakt or Machfive: the winner is?

pg13 )
in article wrote:
mach no DFD (Direct From Disk) so no huge sample set?! Mach is new so
may not be as flexible and MOTU is infamous in getting new updates.

Even though memory is cheap, DFD is darn useful, and I'm very glad
Kontakt has it. I did get my Kontakt 1.5 update, but have yet to use it.

- Brian
Jordan

Brian Takei wrote in message l.net...
pg13 )
in article wrote:
mach no DFD (Direct From Disk) so no huge sample set?! Mach is new so
may not be as flexible and MOTU is infamous in getting new updates.

Even though memory is cheap, DFD is darn useful, and I'm very glad
Kontakt has it. I did get my Kontakt 1.5 update, but have yet to use it.

- Brian

Anyone use SampleTank? Opinions?
Chris Smalt

Brian wrote:

Even though memory is cheap, DFD is darn useful, and I'm very glad
Kontakt has it. I did get my Kontakt 1.5 update, but have yet to use it.

- Brian

So how do you feel about Kontakt's user interface? Aren't you wishing
for a more readable font, better graphics, and keyboard commands? And
how about undo? Or selecting zones by midi? I'm comparing it to my
old Samplecell editor, and even though it's 10 years old and far from
perfect, it's lightyears ahead in the UI department, in all its black
and white glory.

Chris

______________________________________
Please remove the r from my address to reply by email

Brian Takei

Chris Smalt )
in article wrote:

So how do you feel about Kontakt's user interface? Aren't you wishing
for a more readable font, better graphics, and keyboard commands? And
how about undo? Or selecting zones by midi? I'm comparing it to my
old Samplecell editor, and even though it's 10 years old and far from
perfect, it's lightyears ahead in the UI department, in all its black
and white glory.

To put it mildly, the UI is something I 'put up with'. I will say the
program has been stable, and does what I need it too, but I really don't
use it or its many features very much compared to the average customer.

- Brian